Skip to main content

Sleeping in Violets with House Mouse



Greetings! I am excited about the next 2 weeks, as the Stampendous team is hopping along with the House Mouse and Friends Challenge Blog. This hop is a little different from our other hops...commenting will not enter you to win prizes, you'll have to play along and make a project to try to win! You can enter your project on the House Mouse and Friends blog post HMFMC #215. The challenge is to "Use Stencils."

I used Violet Nap for my card, and I watercolored it. This image is just sooooo sweet.

I used 3 stencils for the card, and 2 Fitted Frames. The purple sprayed stencil is the Mosaic Swirls. The Green is the Ginkgo Bough, and on the purple background, I used Crusade. I used various inks and sprays to get the stencil images on to the cardstock.

I also added a bit of washi tape. I like putting various patterns together that wouldn't necessarily go together. I think they work here though. For full details, please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog, as well as the House Mouse & Friends Blog. Plus,  there's lots of folks posting along with me today...their links are all below. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Alison Heikkila (that's me!)

Comments

Purple Diva 6 said…
Im following your hop but not entering as I don't have any House Mouses as yet, I 'm a new fan and have found finally someone who has in stock... the first three blogs I have visited so far has stamps that I have on my wish list.. Can't wait to get my hands on them...😆💜💚👀
I am so excited about this blog hop. I love your use of the leaf and background stencil and the sleepy little mousie. Love the frames. Your layout fits together so nice. Thank you for sharing it with us
Unknown said…
So creative! Love the house mouse stamps
downrightcrafty said…
So beautiful, love your design
Hugs Kate
HM DT
Viki Banaszak said…
Wow Alison! This is so light and sweet. The coloring on this is beautiful.
Stampendous said…
Such a pretty colorway, and layout! Thank you for sharing your creativity today, Alison.
Such a clever layout and use of three stencils! Terrific inspiration!
Shari said…
Aww.. He's so cute and sweet.. What a great card. Thank you for sharing. 💗💗💗
Sue from Oregon said…
Fun idea's Alison...going to have to give the spray technique a go! ♥ Sue Kment HMFMC DT
Julye said…
Ah super cute mouse and love the stencilling might have to add some stencils to my ever growing wish list.Thanks for sharing.
CraftyNatalie said…
Lovely card and great use of stencils.
CraftyNatalie
http://craftynataliesblog.blogspot.com
Sue said…
Love this sweet stamp, and your three stencils looks awesome on your card. Great inspiration for using stencils as a background too.

Hugs
Sue
HMFMC DT
Tami said…
Beautiful mousie card love the colors
America said…
What a really fun way to use up the stencils. Fab work and inspiration on the HOP! Hope lots of peeps join us for the House-Mouse Hop at HMFMC.
Carole J said…
Love the colour scheme - a beautiful card with a creative, fun design.
Janis said…
Such a sweet combination of colors, image, and stenciled patterns! Adorable!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...