Skip to main content

Day 20 of 31: Home Sweet Home with Chromatic Craze & Rick St. Dennis

Hello there and welcome to Day 20 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. The 20th of every month is a new challenge over at Chromatic Craze, which I am proud to be on the DT for. Haven't heard of us? Well, we are fairly new...but we are also a lot of fun, so perhaps you will want to join in with us! Each month, we will give you a 4 color challenge. You've got to use at least 3 of the colors, and you are allowed to use black, white, skin tones, and a small percentage of other colors. Point is, you've got to make the colors we give you the focus. These are the colors for the month.


I decided to go with an image from Rick St. Dennis for this challenge, figuring that one of his scenes would be just perfect for it.

I used the Ghost Town Church for this tag. You can buy it right now in Rick's brand new Zibbet Shop. I colored the church with Spectrum Noir markers, and painted the background with watercolors.

My tag was painted with a fabulous metallic copper acrylic paint. I then stamped a wood grain image on top with a brown ink. My sentiment was made with a Just Rte alphabet stamper. Some funky fibers that have some of the colors in the palette, and this baby was done. Whatdaya think???


Yesterday, Dog's Mom asked me if I thought of the technique I used on my creepy tree card myself. I wish that I did! But honestly, I found out about it via one of the Technique Sheets that Dreamweaver Stencils has. It's called "Ink Transfers with Memories Mist." You can view all of the Technique Sheets HERE. Thanks for all of your questions through out the month. I am happy to answer them!

So please visit the Chromatic Craze Blog, and maybe even join in with us! We would love to see you there. And be sure to say hello to all of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a fang-tastic day!

Comments

nichtniedlich said…
this is a wonderful little ghost town church, nicely colored. The background is lovely with the texture and the metallic look!
hugs serafeena
ldfdesign said…
Great background. Love how you colored the image. Congrates on the new DT.
DonnaMundinger said…
Great coloring on the fab stamp and that metallic copper ROCKS! Have to check out that challenge and the technique sheets for Dreamweavers. Thanks for the links. xxD
DogsMom said…
Another wonderful project. You must keep very busy with these great challenges and being on the DT.

Thank you for inspiring and educating.
Rick St. Dennis said…
Those colours are right on trend for Fall this year-Lovely Rag-Thanks for using my image-I have so many churches I have lost track now I guess the SI one faces the other way-LOL=great job!
Laura B said…
Awesome tag! I'm so glad that I get to work with you on two teams!:)
Spooktacular tag Alison, love it and I'll be checking out the Chromatic Craze challenges!
maureenjscott said…
What a great tag today! love the image and the colours are great! mo x
Steph said…
Beautiful tag! How cool that metallic paint is too.
Wendy said…
Great tag today! Home Sweet Home...fantastic image and coloring!
Emily Thubbron said…
Love how you colored this little church. Your tag is wonderful.
Matney said…
Fab, Fab, Fab! Dark, dreary, and super scary. Love that purple roof and awesome tag.
Sara said…
Hmmmm.... love those colors and that image! I think I will need to add it to my collect... when I get some extra spending money! Your tag turned out fabulous! Hugs!!!
Lyneen said…
This is one AWESOME Tag love how spooky is looks.... you did great work!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…