Skip to main content

Macabre Monday 138: Eerie Elegance

It has been what feels like forever since I have had a chance to play with Haunted Design House. This week, the Macabre Monday challenge is Eerie Elegance. And I just knew I needed to use a Simply B Stamps image for it. But there are so many to choose from!!! I eventually decided to go with The Alchemist's Wife Nightmares.

Seriously, how fabulous is this image? I used the Spotlight Technique to color my image, but with a bit of a twist. I printed the image twice, and cut out my spotlight from the colored version so that I could pop-dot it to the second.

I used colored pencils, watercolor markers and Copics to color this in. I aged the background image with Antique Linen Distress Inks. I also used a cream colored card, instead of white, and I sprayed it with a coffee colored spray from Tsukineko.
I recently became a Pampered Chef consultant (links on the side of my blog!). And I did pretty well my first month out, so I decided to give myself a little congratulatory gift. I bought a Tim Holtz flower die that I had wanted for a while. And I made those flowers with it. hen I inked them with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

Aren't those flowers fabulous? I am so happy that I got that die. And I think they work really well with this image. Here you can see that my spotlight is raised off of the card base.
I have really missed playing along with HDH, and I am hoping that now that I am down to only 2 DT's, I will have a bit more time to play along. Thank you for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Alex said…
this is plain STUNNING Alison! I love this more than I can put into words. GORGEOUS!
DK Spins said…
This is absolutely beautiful, Alison! I love the flowers you made and that spotlight technique is so cool. Glad you've done well doing the Pampered Chef!
mark gould said…
I have seen these images and been meaning to get hold of them, you have done a great job with it, you have added colour to all the right parts for me. love it, mark
Kathi said…
Fabulous card. I love the way you used the "spotlight" technique on this. Works so well. Greata coloring and I adore that text flower.
DonnaMundinger said…
Oh ALISON! GORGEOUS! I'm hyperventilating! the spotlighting technique is just amazing. thanks for sharing with HDH this week. xxD
Andrea C said…
This is INSANE! I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House, always a pleasure when you do xxx
FABULOUS card Alison.....Love it! Thanks for joining us at Haunted Design House :)
Jenn Borjeson said…
Alison, this is just breath-taking!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…