Skip to main content

Macabre Monday 138: Eerie Elegance

It has been what feels like forever since I have had a chance to play with Haunted Design House. This week, the Macabre Monday challenge is Eerie Elegance. And I just knew I needed to use a Simply B Stamps image for it. But there are so many to choose from!!! I eventually decided to go with The Alchemist's Wife Nightmares.

Seriously, how fabulous is this image? I used the Spotlight Technique to color my image, but with a bit of a twist. I printed the image twice, and cut out my spotlight from the colored version so that I could pop-dot it to the second.

I used colored pencils, watercolor markers and Copics to color this in. I aged the background image with Antique Linen Distress Inks. I also used a cream colored card, instead of white, and I sprayed it with a coffee colored spray from Tsukineko.
I recently became a Pampered Chef consultant (links on the side of my blog!). And I did pretty well my first month out, so I decided to give myself a little congratulatory gift. I bought a Tim Holtz flower die that I had wanted for a while. And I made those flowers with it. hen I inked them with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

Aren't those flowers fabulous? I am so happy that I got that die. And I think they work really well with this image. Here you can see that my spotlight is raised off of the card base.
I have really missed playing along with HDH, and I am hoping that now that I am down to only 2 DT's, I will have a bit more time to play along. Thank you for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

this is plain STUNNING Alison! I love this more than I can put into words. GORGEOUS!
DK Spins said…
This is absolutely beautiful, Alison! I love the flowers you made and that spotlight technique is so cool. Glad you've done well doing the Pampered Chef!
mark gould said…
I have seen these images and been meaning to get hold of them, you have done a great job with it, you have added colour to all the right parts for me. love it, mark
Kathi said…
Fabulous card. I love the way you used the "spotlight" technique on this. Works so well. Greata coloring and I adore that text flower.
DonnaMundinger said…
Oh ALISON! GORGEOUS! I'm hyperventilating! the spotlighting technique is just amazing. thanks for sharing with HDH this week. xxD
Andrea C said…
This is INSANE! I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House, always a pleasure when you do xxx
FABULOUS card Alison.....Love it! Thanks for joining us at Haunted Design House :)
Jenn Borjeson said…
Alison, this is just breath-taking!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...