Skip to main content

June Bombshell Stamps Sketch Challenge

Greetings! It's Monday, and I am sad that my husband is going to work today. Especially after we just had such a nice Father's Day. We went to a (small) Pirate Festival, and had a nice dinner with my Mom and sisters.

We weren't in full pirate garb, but we certainly fit in. So many folks sadly didn't even make the attempt to dress up.

So it would only be fitting for me to share a card using Bombshell Stamps' Pirate's Life set, right? Well, that's not going to happen today. ;) Instead, I have a card, featuring this month's Sketch, using Cherry Bomb and Harley Bikes, and Man's Ruin. I made it for Gene, for Father's Day.

This was tricky! I had been wanting to try this for a while now, but decided that it was finally time to actually give it a go. Did you notice that my Cherry Bomb Bombshell is sitting in a different position? Wanna see the original? Click the link above.

She's a wee bit too big for the bike, but I still think she looks pretty hot sitting there. Here's what I did. I colored her in first. Then, I separated her leg from her body by cutting at her bikini line. Her legs were way too long to fit on the bike, so I lobbed them off where her leg curves to her but. Now, since she is hiding her belly a bit from how she sits originally, she needed a little more "meat" in the stomach region. So I turned her butt around, and gave her more of a belly. And of course, I had to re-angle her so that she was actually sitting on the bike. This made me sweat a little, but I am really happy that I got it done! I really love to alter my Bombshells like this.

I colored everything with my watercolor markers and my Copics. Needless to say, Gene really liked the card. And that makes me happy. He is the most amazing father I have ever met. My kids (and I) are so blessed to have such an amazing man in our lives.

And to my Dad, I miss you like crazy. Please keep watching over us. <3

Please be sure to visit the Bombshell Blog to see what the rest of the DT came up with (last week). This Wednesday, we will be sharing our versions of this month's Pin-Up challenge! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Jenn Borjeson said…
Gorgeous card and your family is just beautiful, Alison! :) Thanks for sharing the pics, you guys rocked the pirate theme! xo
Kathi said…
Totally brilliant.

I love the way you altered her to sit on the bike.

It's a hot card. I bet Gene loved it!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...