Skip to main content

Simply Betty and Smeared & Smudged Zombie Blog Hop!

There is a very special blog hop today! Simply Betty is one of our fabulous sponsors over at Smeared & Smudged this month. And Betty was kind enough to offer the DT a zombie digi for each of us. And the best way to show off her awesome digis, and out talent, is with one fabulous hop! We’ve even got some of Simply Betty’s rad DT with us today! So let’s get this party started, huh?


I chose to work with Zombie Christian. Did you see my Summer Zombie Christian card from the other day? You can view it in this post HERE. I think Christian is awesome, and I hafta say…I had a BLAST making this card! I paired his image with the Build a Zombie alphabet from Smeared Ink.



I wasn’t sure how I wanted to color him…this is actually the second version. The first had bolder colors, and I just wasn’t feelin’ it at the time. So I went with a more muted palate and I think it worked out great!



I used my watercolor markers for Christian and the “Leg.” isn’t this a hilarious image?



I came up with the “I told you to break a leg” sentiment, because I could just picture him trying out for something not quite X Games status…he’s just an amateur, ya know… and he…well…he goofed up and snapped his head off! I don’t think Tony Hawk will be scouting this guy! ;)



And of course I just had to use my Martha Stewart Drippy Goo punch. Twice. Can’t get enough of that punch! So whatdaya think? You likey?


Below is the complete list of hoppers. Please be sure to stop by and give them all some love! Then be sure to go over to Smeared & Smudged to take part in our challenges there. You know you wanna win some digis from Simply Betty! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!!!


Betty ~ Terra ~ Tori ~ Alison (me!) ~ Kelli


Lady Brayton ~ Kapree ~ Sugar ~ Dianne ~ Paula


Helen ~ Cheri ~ Nicole ~ Jennifer ~ Suzi

Comments

Nicole said…
LMAO SO FUN!!! Your sentiment is great and I have that punch! Don't you love it!!! Ok I borrowed that punch and have yet to give it back.
Chelle said…
I keep seeing that MS on all sorts of projects..I think that is my next must have. Great card.
Kelli said…
I too have the MS punch!!!! Love it!!!!

I am loving the sentiment!!!! It's awesome!!! Love the fact that he looks Swag in his pink shirt!!!!!

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!
Jennifer said…
Ha ha ha ha, that is amazing Ali. Thanks for the laugh. I love these zombies.
Mrs Weyremaster said…
I love the muted colour palette you've used, and that sentiment is wonderful. Loving the Build a Zombie Alphabet too:)
Suzi
xxx
~Lady B~ said…
bwaaahahahaha! too funny! I love it!
Betty Boo! said…
That is classic! OMG I giggled so hard my husband had to come see! He loved it too!

Thank you Alison you ROCK!!

Betty
Jane said…
I love this so funny
Luv Jane xxx
Scrappychick said…
Fabulous Alison! X Games :)
I'm really liking this image and the sentiment is great.
DK Spins said…
I likey lots Alison!!! hahaha about Tony Hawk! Love how you colored him and added the SI Zombie Alphabet. Christian is such a cool guy, even as a zombie. Loved your Summer Christian card too!
Scrappinrpn said…
That is awesome, I can't stop giggling! Love the senti!
KC said…
this is so cool! I love the zombie words! great combo...you rock!
angiesuez said…
pretty darn cute! once again, not only clever but nice art work!
chrilvian said…
great sentiment
Dreja said…
Phantastisch! So richtig schön gruselig. ;-)

Liebe Grüße Dreja

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…