Skip to main content

Simply Betty and Smeared & Smudged Zombie Blog Hop!

There is a very special blog hop today! Simply Betty is one of our fabulous sponsors over at Smeared & Smudged this month. And Betty was kind enough to offer the DT a zombie digi for each of us. And the best way to show off her awesome digis, and out talent, is with one fabulous hop! We’ve even got some of Simply Betty’s rad DT with us today! So let’s get this party started, huh?


I chose to work with Zombie Christian. Did you see my Summer Zombie Christian card from the other day? You can view it in this post HERE. I think Christian is awesome, and I hafta say…I had a BLAST making this card! I paired his image with the Build a Zombie alphabet from Smeared Ink.



I wasn’t sure how I wanted to color him…this is actually the second version. The first had bolder colors, and I just wasn’t feelin’ it at the time. So I went with a more muted palate and I think it worked out great!



I used my watercolor markers for Christian and the “Leg.” isn’t this a hilarious image?



I came up with the “I told you to break a leg” sentiment, because I could just picture him trying out for something not quite X Games status…he’s just an amateur, ya know… and he…well…he goofed up and snapped his head off! I don’t think Tony Hawk will be scouting this guy! ;)



And of course I just had to use my Martha Stewart Drippy Goo punch. Twice. Can’t get enough of that punch! So whatdaya think? You likey?


Below is the complete list of hoppers. Please be sure to stop by and give them all some love! Then be sure to go over to Smeared & Smudged to take part in our challenges there. You know you wanna win some digis from Simply Betty! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!!!


Betty ~ Terra ~ Tori ~ Alison (me!) ~ Kelli


Lady Brayton ~ Kapree ~ Sugar ~ Dianne ~ Paula


Helen ~ Cheri ~ Nicole ~ Jennifer ~ Suzi

Comments

LMAO SO FUN!!! Your sentiment is great and I have that punch! Don't you love it!!! Ok I borrowed that punch and have yet to give it back.
Chelle said…
I keep seeing that MS on all sorts of projects..I think that is my next must have. Great card.
I too have the MS punch!!!! Love it!!!!

I am loving the sentiment!!!! It's awesome!!! Love the fact that he looks Swag in his pink shirt!!!!!

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!
Jennifer said…
Ha ha ha ha, that is amazing Ali. Thanks for the laugh. I love these zombies.
Suzi McKenzie said…
I love the muted colour palette you've used, and that sentiment is wonderful. Loving the Build a Zombie Alphabet too:)
Suzi
xxx
~Lady B~ said…
bwaaahahahaha! too funny! I love it!
Betty Boo! said…
That is classic! OMG I giggled so hard my husband had to come see! He loved it too!

Thank you Alison you ROCK!!

Betty
Unknown said…
I love this so funny
Luv Jane xxx
Scrappychick said…
Fabulous Alison! X Games :)
I'm really liking this image and the sentiment is great.
DK Spins said…
I likey lots Alison!!! hahaha about Tony Hawk! Love how you colored him and added the SI Zombie Alphabet. Christian is such a cool guy, even as a zombie. Loved your Summer Christian card too!
Anonymous said…
That is awesome, I can't stop giggling! Love the senti!
KC said…
this is so cool! I love the zombie words! great combo...you rock!
angiesuez said…
pretty darn cute! once again, not only clever but nice art work!
Dreja said…
Phantastisch! So richtig schön gruselig. ;-)

Liebe Grüße Dreja

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...