Skip to main content

A Very Special Bond

I was very apprehensive to send Phoenix to school this year. I wasn’t really sure if it was necessary….I didn’t want him to be afraid….he’s honestly already really smart… But my husband and I thought it would be good so that he could develop his social skills, where he is lacking a bit. We hoped that his teacher would be kind, gentle and inspirational. Well, Phoenix wound up with a teacher is that is all that and SO much more…



It is traditional that the teachers receive photo albums or scrapbooks from their class each year. Well, this year…we kinda went all out. This is one of the pages I had the privilidge of making.


We just adore this woman, Mrs. Hellige, so very much. She is the perfect teacher in every way. I couldn’t have asked for anyone better.



I thought this was such a fabulous picture! Phoenix is just so happy and comfortable with her. I hope they have forged a relationship that will last a very long time…(I think they did!).



I used Patina and Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist all over the paper along with 2 Glimmer Screens. If you click on any of the photos, you can see them bigger. See the glimmer on the blig splotch of Patina? So pretty when the light hits it!


The kids all had to say something they loved about their class, or Mrs Hellige. This is what the page says:


Q: What’s your favorite thing about Mrs. Hellige?


A: I love loving her! That’s what I love best!


Hmmm….sound an awful lot like what he said about me on Mother’s Day! I guess she really is a very special woman! ;)



I had him sign his name on the bottom of the quote for an extra special touch. Some rhinestones, swirls and a big flower later…the page was done. And yes…Mrs Hellige loved it.


Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow is the big Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! So please be sure to come back. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Roseanna nicoletti said…
Alison is all she say's she is and so much more, love u Al <3
Unknown said…
The picture is great. The page is beautiful. It makes it so much easier to send them to school when they enjoy it!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...