Skip to main content

Tiddly Inks Blog Hop

Greetings! I am playing along with a Tiddly Inks Blog Hop today. You can find out all of the details HERE. Last month over at Smeared & Smudged, Tiddly Inks was one of our fabulous sponsors. And I was lucky enough to be the winner of the TI prize! So I got to choose some digis for myself. For the card I am sharing with you today, I used Always the Flower Girl, an image I have been coveting for quite some time! I made this card for my Mom for Mother’s Day.

Isn’t she sweet? I love her. And her wilting dandelions! My kids are always bringing me dandelions, so I knew I had to use her for my Mom. She loves this image too! :)

I used my watercolor markers to color her in. And I have to say, I really like her hair. I made her roots a medium purple, and faded it out to white, which I think is pretty cool. Hmmm…could be something I try when I go grey! ;)

The “m” is acylic and is from Go West. I inked it with pigment ink. The '”m” stands for not only Mom, but Mary as well. It’s nice to have a two-fer!

I added a few dots of Platinum Liquid Pearls (she loves that stuff!), and some pretty paper in happy, Spring colors.

What do you think? Pretty cheery, right? See? I can do cheery! ;) I hope you enjoy the Tiddly Inks hop. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Rachael said…
Oh <3 I have loved tiddyinks since the moment I saw this collection. Well done!
Jenn Borjeson said…
This is so cute, I love this image and you colored her fabulously. :)
Loopylou. said…
awesome card, i bet your mum loved it!! thank you for joining us all the tiddly inks hop hugs Lou xxx
Awesome for mom. Love the hair. Don't wait till you go grey try it now. Grey is so freakin' hard to cover and besides purple looks better on younger women - old women are blue haired. lol
Scrappychick said…
Fun card, yes I LOVE her purple hair!!
Jules said…
This is a great card - the colors are beautiful together.
Ahhhh, super great colors and design! :)
Star said…
This is very pretty. I like the hair, too! Also...your blog background is AWESOME!
Fabulous card. I love the purple watercoloured hair, not sure how it would look on a grown adult, but on this Tiddly - perfect.
Tracy Jedi said…
This is awesome! She is one of my favorite images! Love the idea of copying her hair in real life! lol Currently my son's hair is green and he claims he wants purple next... =D
Gunvor said…
Great card! I love the colours you chose and the coloring is really well done!
ChickieChirps said…
This is lovely! Love the green and pink combo and the big M!

Arabella
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful card ! Your colouring of the hair is fantastic ! Hugs x
Oh I love this Alison, it's just perfect, and now I have to add that image to my list of must-haves :D
Cindi said…
So cute! I like the way her hair came out too. Great coloring.
Larissa said…
Great card! I love the little pearls in the corner of your card. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

Hugs,
Larissa
Unknown said…
Cute card! Thanks for joining in our birthday blog hop!
Shirley said…
I have to say I REALLY like her hair too. You did a fantastic job with the watercolors.
Maz said…
Great card - love her hair! x

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...