Skip to main content

Desert Islands Crafters Challenge & Oh! The Horror!

It’s the 15th of May which means it’s time for another Desert Islands Crafters Challenge. This time around, I decided to combine it with this month’s Oh! The Horror! from Smeared & Smudged. One of S&S’s fabulous sponsors this month is Simply Betty. So I chose to use Summer Zombie Christian. But let me give you the low down on both challenges before I show you my card.



Cabio's Itinerary



1. pattern paper
2. pearl
3. glitter/bling
4. ribbon/lace trim
5. image (stamp or digi)
6. punch/die cuts
7. embossing (wet or dry)
8. square card (any size)
9. flower
10. button



For my card, I used #1, 2, 5, 6, and 7.



Here’s this month’s Oh! The Horror poster:





And here’s my card:





You can see that I dry embossed the blue paper with a wave pattern (I highlighted it with a bit of silver). I used Platinum Liquid Pearls, my patterned paper is from Prima, and you can see the fab zombie image from Simply Betty!





You can see that I used a very loose interpretation of the Repo poster… I put my focal image in the same place, had my senti (from StampInsanity) at an angle, used some text in the same place as the poster, and I used the blue of the “eyes.”



Christian was colored in with my watercolor markers. And I just love how he turned out! I think he looks so cool in his retro bathing suit! I had a really fun time coloring his skin with several shades of green.





So there you have it. TWO awesome challenges that you can participate in! And you have until May 31st for both of them! Won’t you play along? Oh! The Horror is sponsored this month by Sweet November. DICC doesn’t have a sponsor, but you have a shot at winning the opportunity to create your very own itinerary for us to create with! I think that’s a sweet deal! So c’mon and play with me! Thanks for dropping by. Have an inspiring day!!!



Desert Islands Crafts Challenges DT



Alison Heikkila (me!) ~ Angela Enion ~ Berenice Rendon



Cyndi Bundi ~ Erica Johnson-Wanzer ~ Jo Willis ~ Juanita Gillen



Suzi Weyremaster ~ Tasha Beasley ~ Taylor Usry

Comments

Scrappychick said…
Fab card Ali! I just love Christian, such a hottie. I need to go chck out the S&S challenge :)
This cardis so much fun. Very cute!!
Hugs,
Cabio
Jen Shults said…
Hehe! This card totally made me chuckle! Gorgeous work girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...