Skip to main content

You Rock!

I wanted to share the Valentine’s Day card that I made for Gene with you. Please note that it is NOT your typical Valentine…but would you expect anything less from me?

I used a fabulous image from Kenny K. This is the first time I colored Star up and she has immediately become one of my faves from them! I made the card as bright and bold as I could, and I think it’s pretty rockin’! ;)

The theme for this week’s Kenny K challenge is circles…so of course I had to play along there! Circles galore! Isn’t Star sassy and hawt? I love how she’s peeking from behind her guitar. She has been colored with my watercolor markers, minus her skin which was done in pencil.

The “You Rock!” sentiment is from Inkadinkado…give to me by my rad friend Tonya. She had this set for a while, and realized she wasn’t really going to use it. She gave it to me, in hopes that I would give it a better home. Well, I’ve only had the set for a couple of weeks, and I have already used it 3 times! Not bad, right?

So Gene loved the card. He thought it was really cool. He loved the pink rhinestones (I knew he would!). So that’s another example of how I do (or don’t really do) Valentine’s Day. Tune in tomorrow when I will be sharing another Strange Skin project (Hey! Did you know that Strange Skin is hosting Macabre Monday this week?! Hurry up and play along!). Have an inspiring day!!!

Challenges:

Kenny K: Circles

Simply Create: It’s Bright in Here

Crafty Catz: One for the Boys

My Time to Craft: Going Around in Circles

Comments

Nicole Maki said…
Love the blue highlights in her hair and the shading on her cuffs.
Brilliant card - very you!
patriziawithaz said…
A great colour combo Alison x Thanks for sharing it with us at MTTCC this week and remember to come back again soon x
CRAZYCRAFTSHED said…
Hi Alison
A fabulous card great image ,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx
Rach said…
this is fantastic, wonderful colours. Thank you for joining us over at KKKG's challenge blog.xxx
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison, Star is one of my faves and you have done her some serious justice with this sassy Valentine's Day card! I am truly digging those green boots! Look at all those fab circles, too! Great job, lady ;D Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz! Hugz, Cheryl
Angela said…
Alison this is freakin fab!! I love her blue streak in her hair and those green boot are rockin. Thanks for joining us this week at KKKG.
Hugs:)
Angela
Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at KKKGC.....

Hugs
Judith
Lesley said…
Great card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx
Suzanne said…
A super card and image. Thansk for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x
Linda said…
Fabulous color combo!!!
Thank you for joining us for the Bold & Bright challenge at Simply Create.
Hope so see you again for the next challenge.
Linda B - Simply Create DT
Rose said…
this card ROCKS!!!!

So glad you joined us on Simply Create for our Bright and Bold challenge :)

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …