Skip to main content

You Rock!

I wanted to share the Valentine’s Day card that I made for Gene with you. Please note that it is NOT your typical Valentine…but would you expect anything less from me?

I used a fabulous image from Kenny K. This is the first time I colored Star up and she has immediately become one of my faves from them! I made the card as bright and bold as I could, and I think it’s pretty rockin’! ;)

The theme for this week’s Kenny K challenge is circles…so of course I had to play along there! Circles galore! Isn’t Star sassy and hawt? I love how she’s peeking from behind her guitar. She has been colored with my watercolor markers, minus her skin which was done in pencil.

The “You Rock!” sentiment is from Inkadinkado…give to me by my rad friend Tonya. She had this set for a while, and realized she wasn’t really going to use it. She gave it to me, in hopes that I would give it a better home. Well, I’ve only had the set for a couple of weeks, and I have already used it 3 times! Not bad, right?

So Gene loved the card. He thought it was really cool. He loved the pink rhinestones (I knew he would!). So that’s another example of how I do (or don’t really do) Valentine’s Day. Tune in tomorrow when I will be sharing another Strange Skin project (Hey! Did you know that Strange Skin is hosting Macabre Monday this week?! Hurry up and play along!). Have an inspiring day!!!

Challenges:

Kenny K: Circles

Simply Create: It’s Bright in Here

Crafty Catz: One for the Boys

My Time to Craft: Going Around in Circles

Comments

Nicole Maki said…
Love the blue highlights in her hair and the shading on her cuffs.
Brilliant card - very you!
patriziawithaz said…
A great colour combo Alison x Thanks for sharing it with us at MTTCC this week and remember to come back again soon x
CRAZYCRAFTSHED said…
Hi Alison
A fabulous card great image ,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx
Rach said…
this is fantastic, wonderful colours. Thank you for joining us over at KKKG's challenge blog.xxx
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison, Star is one of my faves and you have done her some serious justice with this sassy Valentine's Day card! I am truly digging those green boots! Look at all those fab circles, too! Great job, lady ;D Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz! Hugz, Cheryl
Angela said…
Alison this is freakin fab!! I love her blue streak in her hair and those green boot are rockin. Thanks for joining us this week at KKKG.
Hugs:)
Angela
Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at KKKGC.....

Hugs
Judith
Lesley said…
Great card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx
Suzanne said…
A super card and image. Thansk for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x
Linda said…
Fabulous color combo!!!
Thank you for joining us for the Bold & Bright challenge at Simply Create.
Hope so see you again for the next challenge.
Linda B - Simply Create DT
Rose said…
this card ROCKS!!!!

So glad you joined us on Simply Create for our Bright and Bold challenge :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...