Skip to main content

Sk8r Boi- Simply Betty Challenge #1

If you are here to see the latest StampInsanity challenge, for some reason, I can't get it to post above this one. I wrote the SI post days ago, and now it won't post on top! So, please scroll to the next post. Thanks!

I’m stoked! I LOVE Simply Betty stamps, and I am so excited that they finally have their own challenges!!! For this first challenge, it was a photo inspiration. Check it!

How rad are those socks?! Well, when I saw the picture, I instantly knew what I was going to do…because I already had the purrfect Christian colored in! I had done him up a couple of weeks ago. I was stumped on his skateboard, so I asked my niece her opinion (since she was watching me color anyway). She told me to make his board tie dyed. Weird. She is SO not the hippie type! But I went with it! And it came out pretty rad!

Sk8r-Boi

You’ll need to click on my pic to really see his skateboard. And check out the Basic Grey paper I had in my stash! The little strip under Christian’s feet? It’s perfect!

Sk8r-Boi-2

I used some random stickers for the “Sk8r Boi,” and some teeny puzzle pieces that Kathi gave me. Thanks, Kathi!!! I lurve ‘em!!! I was inspired by the leopard print on Betty’s socks, so I used the puzzle pieces as a (very) loose interpretation of the print.

Sk8r-Boi-3

Here’s a close up of my stickas!

Sk8r-Boi-4

The winner of this challenge gets a rubber Miller and London…which is SUCH an awesome prize! London rocks, but there’s something about Miller that just makes me smile! He’s groovy! So, I hope I win!!! But even if I don’t, I have a funky card I made! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

AnItA mArIe said…
totally rad card Alison love it...hugz Anita
Jennifer said…
Amazing take on the inspiration pic. I love Miller too.
Nat said…
Great job! Really cool coloring, papers, tie dye skateboard, and love the puzzle pieces! Awesome~!
Danielle said…
This is fabulous!! The whole tye dye thing works so great!! Who is wearing those rad socks???
Love this!! And, London is awesome!!
Eulanda said…
Eerie you have some 6th sense or something to have that image colored like this. hee hee and the skateboard is such a perfect match!! Thanks for joining us for our very 1st challenge at SBS this week. Really looking forward to having you back!!!
Patricia said…
Thats awesome I love his skate board, Good Luck.
Thanks for much for joining us at Simply Betty Challenges, I hope we see you again.
~Patricia
SBC DT
Tracey Feeger said…
Miller is a great boy image and you have done a wonderful job with this card. Thanks for joining us at Simply Betty Challenges. Hope to see you next time.
mwah
Trace
CraftyMomOf2 said…
Loving this girlfriend!!! You totally rocked this challenge!!! Loving it!!!! I love all of the different letters to spell out skater boy! ;)

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith
~Lady B~ said…
Alison! My twisted sister! I love this!!! My favs are the torn, patterned paper and the different letters spelling out "skater boi". fab job! I really love how you designed this card! Keep up the heat!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…