Skip to main content

Patty PopOns and Stampendous!


Hello! This week, the Stampendous team has been stamping and stenciling on Patty PopOns Puzzle pieces. I have a sheet of these fun little, velcro backed pieces. 4 rows of 3 pieces. So I decided to make each row a different season. Today I am sharing a piece from the Fall row. But I decided to include my kids in this project, so my daughter created a Winter piece, and my son created one for Spring. Here's mine.

I used 3 alcohol markers and the Hexagons stencil to create my background. Then I used Glossy Black Embossing Paste for my Spider.

After it dried, I used the Peeled Paint stamp from Andy Skinner's Industrial set with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I then inked the 2 outer edges of the puzzle piece.

Here is my little girl working hard on her puzzle. She's stamping snowflakes with VersaCraft ink.

She used the adorable Build a Snowman set. The present is from the Holiday Expressions set. She colored the whole thing using Prismacolor markers and one Copic (the background color).

And of course, since she is my child...she used lots of glitter. All from Stampendous. Pretty darn good for an almost 7 year old, huh?

Here's my son, creating his masterpiece. Haha! Master Piece! See what I did there?

He fell in love with the Lotus flower, and immediately wanted it to be pink with a green center. He opted to add some purple to add a bit more interest. He applied various Memento ink colors with sponge daubers. The Dandelion yellow he applied directly from the pad, because he used the Dew Drop pad. He was able to get right in between the petals because of the fabulous shape of the ink pad.

And, because he is also my child, lots more glitter was used. He applied Versamark all over the puzzle piece, then Stamp 'N Bond, and then Crystal Glitter on top of the heated Stamp 'N Bond. Talk about sparkle! Below are all of the ladies that are posting today. Please be sure to check out all of their amazing projects! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Jamie Martin (puzzle)
Alison Heikkila (puzzle and DW) (that's me!)
Pam Hornschu (DW and sugar plum)
Pam Bray (DW and sugar plum)
Lea Fritts (puzzle and DW)
Tenia Nelson (puzzle, DW, weekly theme)

Comments

Lea said…
They're all wonderful! So awesome that you had the kids each do one! I love how creative your babies are!
My granddaughter was sitting on my lap until the spider came into view. She spied it right away and thought it was a real spider on my screen! LOL She took off like a shot! All three of these are pretty but y favorite is the snowman! TFS!
Viki Banaszak said…
I love these!!! The kids did a wonderful job with theirs. I wonder where they get their creativity from? ;p
Pam Hornschu said…
These are wonderful! I love all the sparkle on Rhi's piece, and Nix's lotus flower is beautiful. Oh, and your piece is cool as well! Lol.
Stampendous said…
Oh these are awesome, Alison. Your family is so creative and these puzzle pieces really show us just how much! Thank you for showing just how fun these puzzle pieces can be with Stampendous products on them.
Pammejo said…
Adorable, love the how each are so unique!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...