Skip to main content

Have a Tree-mendous Birthday!

Today is the birthday of a very special lady. It's Laura Weed's special day, who is the fearless leader of the Stampendous team! We decided to get a fun Birthday Hop going for her, and here's what I've made.

I tried to catch some of fellow DT'er Tenia's funky vibe for my card. I just lover her style, and I would love to try to create more things like her. She's rad! I used the Forest Sayings Perfectly Clear set. I stamped both imaged on to watercolor paper with Tuxedo Back Memento Ink, and then painted them with my watercolors. While the pieces were still wet, I sprinkled kosher salt on top. This absorbs some of the paint, and leaves a really cool mottled effect behind once you wipe away the salt. You'll want to wait until the piece is dry to do that, and you can speed up the process with an embossing gun if you'd like.

I also used one of the border stamps from the Life Words Perfectly Clear set. And I can't forget to mention my chevron washi tape. It's got just enough metallic in it to make it pop.

Happiest of Birthdays to you, Laura! Thank you for being our Fairy Stamp-mother! May you have a spectacular day!!!
Below are the rest of the ladies that are posting today. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Great Card! Love this set!
Connie said…
Absolutely lovely card :)
It is very sweet what you gals are doing for your friend.
Connie :)
Pammejo said…
Gorgeous Card...Laura is amazing and she is going to love your card.
Lea said…
Beautiful card! Love the watercolor look!
Awesome card!! I have this set! Forgot all about it till just now! LOL
Happy Birthday to a fantastic lady!
Thanks for the lovely card celebrating my special day! I love your salted watercolor technique, and I sure understand wanting to capture Tenia's look...not sure anyone can, but I also enjoy trying! Thanks again for the birthday wishes, so happy you're on our team!
Laura
Shari said…
So very pretty. ♥♥♥

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...