Skip to main content

Snowmen and Anything Goes

Hello! I have 2 projects to share with you today. The first is for Wicked Wednesday, and the challenge is Snowmen. The second is for A Step in the Dark, and the theme is Anything Goes.

We are sponsored by Sami Stamps this week, and I worked with their My Snowey Friend image. Very appropriate since Long Island just got a foot (and more) of snow dumped on us Monday. Too bad the snow is too powdery to actually build a snowman though.

I used watercolor markers for everything but the skin. I just cannot find the right color watercolor markers for skin. So I had to use my Spectrum Noirs. I added a little washi tape and a simple star button to finish it off. This is such a clean image, I didn't want to overdo it with embellishing.

A Step in the Dark is sponsored by Dilly Beans this week. I used one of my favorite images from Megan, Day of the Dead Frida #338. I colored her with my watercolor markers as well.

I'm quite pleased with her hair. I have never done it primarily white before...it's always black with usually a bit of dark blue. But I love her with white hair!

I used my grassy punch from EK Success, a ribbon from May Arts, a little ink, and another star button. Guess I was in the mood for stars this week, huh? I hope you will join me in at least one of these challenges. Please be sure to visit the Wicked Wednesday Blog as well as the A Step in the Drak Blog for some more fabulous projects. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Grandma Bonnie said…
Alison! What a beautiful card using Sami Stamps! We would love to see you post your card at our Sami Stamps Facebook group! Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/618426274947087/

Thank you,
Grandma Bonnie
Sami Stamps DT co-ordinator
Anonymous said…
Hi hun, Love the card and the ATC, is just adorable. Must find time to join in. Thank you so much for a great challenge this fortnight.

Hugs Erin xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...