Skip to main content

Birthday Greetings for Winter

Welcome to the birth of a new year...2015 to be precise! In honor of that, we've decided that our monthly challenge for January will be Birthday Wishes. We'd love for you to play along with us, and link your creations to the Inlinkz tool at the bottom of this post, or on the Dream It Up! blog, for a chance to win the stencil of your choice...and remember, using Dreamweaver products gets you bonus points towards an extra stencil!

Here's my birthday wish for this week:

I'm a Winter baby, so I decided to go with a snowflake theme for this week's project. I started off with the lovely Crystal Snowflake and I heat embossed it with clear powder on a sheet of glossy cardstock. I didn't want the snowflakes to be absolutely perfect, but rather to appear to be melting together, so I was purposefully a bit sloppy with my embossing pad.

You can see the raised effect from the embossing powder here. After all of my snowflakes were on, I used 3 colors of Ranger Alcohol Inks to create my background. I used a cotton ball to apply the colors 1 by 1. I started off with the lightest shade and worked to my eggplant color. The embossed snowflakes act as a resist, so the alcohol ink doesn't stick to them.

Now for the birthday part! I cut out my oval with the Nested Oval die, and I used "Birthday Greetings" from the Birthday Words stencil. I used silver Embossing Paste to get the words on my cardstock, and then I applied blue glitter while the paste was still wet. Nice and simple!

I used a border punch that mimics the spikes of the snowflakes, and that's it!
Of course, more birthday inspirations coming your way from our "B" team:

An InLinkz Link-up
Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

Comments

Lyn Bernatovich said…
What a cool idea to use the crystal snowflake Alison!!!! LOVE it actually!!!! Beautiful card.
What an amazing card! Thank you for all your beautiful work!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...