Skip to main content

Birthday Wishes: Bonus Week

All month long, The Dream Team has been celebrating birthdays with our Birthday Wishes challenge. Since there is a 5th Thursday this month, the entire team is playing along one last time before our February challenge begins. There's an InLinkz tool at the bottom of my post so that you can link up your very own Birthday Wishes. Here's my creation.

I am so excited to share one of Dreamweaver's newest stencils today. Chunky Art Tools is available right now, and I love it. When I first got it, I immediately thought of this challenge and thought they would make adorable birthday candles. So that's what I did here! I inked up the 4 tools using Versa Mark ink pads, some tape, and the necessity for anyone that stencils...the Picasso tool.

Of course, my "candles" needed flames, so I dug through some of my Bombshell stamps and found 2 different flames. I thought they were perfect. I inked them up with 3 different colors and then I embossed the entire piece with clear embossing powder.

Here you can see the sheen given by the melted embossing powder. After I had the main part of the card complete, I needed my sentiment, so I once again used the versatile Birthday Words.

I embossed the "Make a Wish" with Queen's Gold embossing powder from Ranger, and n the sides I added a very small section from the Chevron stencil. You can see that better in my first picture. I hope you like my latest birthday card! Please be sure to visit the rest of the Dream Team, all listed below. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Lyn Bernatovich said…
You have an incredible imagination my dear...down right genius!!!! Card is fantastic.
So creative! Love the idea of candles!
Different and fun. Love it.
hahaha! LOVE those flames on the candles for the birthday card Alison! So creative!
JD/ Jill said…
This is so clever and creative! Very nicely done!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...