Skip to main content

A Big Welcome Back Plus Wicked Wednesday

Hello! I am excited to write that A Step in the Dark is back from their temporary hiatus. And, since it's Wednesday, I have a new Wicked Wednesday ATC for you. So let's start there....

Wicked Wednesday is sponsored this week by Vera Lane. This is a new company for me, and I am loving the digis they offer. Cute, quirky and fun. I mean, just check out her rad hair! The challenge is "Girly Stuff." I chose to work with this image, because my husband bought me a new camera for Christmas, so I was very inspired!

I colored this gal with my watercolor markers. I found this great cardstock in my stash that had a girly but cool pattern, and I added zebra print washi tape and 2 rhinestones. Girly and hip, I think.
***And as a special bonus, Janet from Vera Lane is offering 10% off for those participating in the Wicked Wednesday challenge this week! Just use the code TRYVERA10 at checkout. If you spend $25 or more, then you will get a 15% discount! Thank you so much, Janet!

As I mentioned before, A Step in the Dark is back! We will be offering up a new challenge every 2 weeks, with lots of wonderful sponsors. The most important rule? It's got to be dark! No cutsie stuff...unless you've taken a sweet kitty and turned it into a zombie. ;) For this first challenge back, which is Anything Goes, we are sponsored by Rick St. Dennis. For my card, I used a rubber stamp from the Morte set Rick is offering through Smeared Ink.

I love the way Rick draws skulls and still lifes. I colored this in with pencils. Then I used my Fleur de lis stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils for the background.

I also sprtized on some irRESISTables from Imagine Crafts around the edge of the card for some texture and shine. Love that stuff! I need more of it! I hope you will join in on both of these challenges. Please be sure to visit the blogs for both teams to not only get the details, but also to see what the rest of my fellow teamies have created. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Alison, Love this card and great image. Thank you so much.

Hugs Erin xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...