Skip to main content

May 2014 Hump Day Hop: A Cut Above!

Greetings! It's time for the May 2014 Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month, the theme I chose was "A Cut Above." I wanted everyone to use lots of die cuts. To use the Sizzix, Silhouette, or any other type of die cutting tools you may have. So here's the card that I made.

The Bombshell Stamps that I used for my card was Vintage Raceway (you can get it in digi and rubber form!) and King of the Road (for my sentiment). 

I colored the car with alcohol markers, in colors reminiscent of Plum Crazy, one of my favorite colors that hot rods like these sometimes came in. 

My fabulous dies is a complete set from Dreamweaver Stencils. They are called Nesting Frames. Now, go get hopping! Below is the full hop list. Thanks for stopping by Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Love the way you colored the car!! One of my favorite colors that cars use to be made in as well!!! Love the glittery paper too it makes it look like an asphalt road!!!
Kim said…
Fabulous coloring!! Love the die cuts and the papers you used!
Marnie said…
Love this the purple is AWESOME on the car!
Sue said…
This is brilliant, I love these purples! xx
Kathi said…
Wow. This is awesome. I would love a car in that color. Specifically, I'd love a Turbo PT Cruiser in that shade of purple.

I love how it appears as though the car is bursting from the card!
Angie Williams said…
This is an awesome masculine (or femenine too) card! I struggle with those.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...