Skip to main content

Flora and Fauna: Final Week

Hello! We have a 5th Thursday this month, so the entire Dreamweaver Stencils team is posting today! Our challenge all month long has been "Flora and Fauna." I have particularly enjoyed this challenge, as I love plants and animals. You may link up your own project at the end of my post. I used a new (for me) stencil...Mushrooms. I have so many ideas for this stencil...so you will definitely see me use it again soon. But for now, here's today's project.

I taped my stencil on to white cardstock and used a small stencil brush from Dreamweaver to apply several colors of Versafine Inks from Imagine Crafts. I used my Picasso tool to block out areas I didn't want to color as I went through each color. This is a wonderful tool, and if you stencil at all, you must add it to your collection.

Once I was happy with the colors and shading, I embossed the image with clear embossing powder. Then I watercolored my background. This was super simple, because the now-embossed image acts as a resist, so the watercolors don't damage the stenciled image.

Here you can see the nice sheen that the melted embossing powder gives to the stenciled image. And take a look at that beautiful shimmery ribbon! It's from May Arts, and wow! Do they have gorgeous ribbons! This one is sheer, and so pretty...even better looking in person!
The whole Dreamweaver Stencils team has projects to share with you today, so I hope you will visit everyone. They are sure to wow you with incredible projects. Below is the link list. Thanks for stopping by! Have an inspiring day.

Comments

Lyn Bernatovich said…
Love the country charm of this card Alison! The emboss resist technique is great for adding in a background color last to tie in the rest of the stenciled image.
Lynn Mercurio said…
Such great dimension on those mushrooms! Great design.
ike said…
Such a wonderful card and I love your vibrant colours. Beautiful stencil work :-)

Hugz
IKE xxxxx
Pam Hornschu said…
Beautiful card, Alison! Love the water colored background.
Viki Banaszak said…
That is beautiful! I love the colors on your shrooms!
sommrstamping said…
Alison this card is so much fun. I love the vibrant color and the resist technique with the watercolor background.
Alison...this is a wonderful card. Thank you for doing the angled close-up to show off the technique. ...my eyesight these days appreciates it. ; )
Jade said…
Awesome card! The colors are vibrant and the clear embossing over the image really makes it glisten. Love it!
Louise said…
Fun card Alison, love the bright colors and the watercolor background!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...