Skip to main content

Flora and Fauna with Dreamweaver Stencils

Greetings! It's my first official blog post for the Dreamweaver Stencils DT! The Dream Team are challenging you this month to a "Flora and Fauna" theme! Considering most of theDreamweaver designs incorporate both of these in the huge variety of stencils, you should have no problem playing along with our challenge this month! As usual, link your creations at the end of the Dream It Up! blog post, or at the end of our posts where it says, "Add Your Link". As the challenge gets underway, you'll see thumbnails of others who are playing along as inspirations for your own creations!
Here is my creation for this week:

I took this pretty picture of my little girl over the weekend, and i knew I wanted to use the beautiful Corner Flowers stencil. I used Pearlescent Embossing Paste to get the image on to my cardstock. Once it dried, I applied several colors of Metallic FX powders with a Q-Tip. 

I love how the Metallic FX stuck to the background (since I applied them after the embossing paste was dry). 

Aren't the colors pretty? And there are so many choices! 

Please be sure to visit the links of my fellow "B" Teamers below to see more great Floral and Fauna themed projects. I hope you'll play along! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 


Comments

This is so whimsical Alison...really great for a scrapbook page with your daughter too! Love your technique with adding the powders with a qtip.
Lyn B said…
Welcome Alison! I love your technique of adding FX after the paste was dry. Very pretty effect and page.
Love this SB page! So soft and spring like!
Unknown said…
I have this stencil and using it on a scrapbook page is a great idea. Your mica powder colours are beautiful.
Lea said…
Yay! Wedome to the Dream Team!! Love your scrapbook page, Rhi is just so cute!
Pam Hornschu said…
Love all of the shimmer on these flowers, and the sweet little "flower" in the center of your page!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...