Skip to main content

March Bombshell Hump Day Hop: Washi Away & WW: Flower Fairies

Hello! It's time for the March Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month's theme is "Washi Away." Washi  tape is extremely popular with paper crafters right now, so I thought it would be fun to have a challenge where everyone uses it. Also, since it's Wednesday, I have the latest Wicked Wednesday challenge to share as well. That theme is Flower Fairies, and we are sponsored by A & T Digital Designs. Let's start with the hop.

Ahoy Sailor! That's the set I used to create my card. Obviously, the Bombshell and Lifesaver image are part of the set, but so is the teeny star you see in between them.

I colored the images with alcohol markers, and used an embossing folder for my background. Then there's the fab chevron print washi tape! Yum! Love that stuff! Now...my daughter wanted to get in on the act. She loves washi tape too. So she chose some Bombshells to play with too. Take a peek at her teeny creations!

She used the Bombshell Patterns. What bites is that somehow, the 3rd little square has disappeared! She made 3, and now Mommy could only find 2. :( And I looked all over. And I feel terrible. But look at what a great job she did! I am so proud of her. I love crafting with my kids.


I used Ally from A & T Digital Designs. What a sweet image! I was so excited to color it. I used pencils, markers, and watercolors for my image. And look! More washi tape!

I hope you can see the Stickles I used on her wings. I love sparkly wings, don't you? If I had wings, they would sparkle for sure! I also like the look of a light colored ink on top of darker cardstock. Usually works best with a chalk ink, though that's not what I did here. But I love the effect. Be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Wednesday gals, and all of our Bombshell hoppers! The full list is below. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Bombshell Blog: http://bombshellstamps.blogspot.com/
Alison: http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Kelli: http://www.cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com/

Comments

deniserows said…
ahoy...yet another card to lift. Can't wait to use my washi with my sailor girl. nicely done

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...