Skip to main content

12 Days of Creepmas: Day 2 and Bombshell Wacky Holiday

Welcome, welcome! It's Day 2 of the Smeared & Smudged 12 Days of Creepmas. Plus, over at Bombshell Stamps, we are celebrating the wacky holiday "Wear Brown Shoes Day." So I decided to combine the 2.

Basically, Wear Brown Shoes day is simply a day to dust off your underused brown shoes, and wear them! I told you it was wacky. I used a bunch of sets for this one little card. Bombshell Angel, Holiday Accessory, and 2 digi sets, Business Bombshell and Fun 'N Flirty dress up sets.

I colored my Bombshell with Copics and Spectrum Noirs. My background was done with a Tim Holtz clock stencil, inked with Gathered Twigs and Peeled Paint Distress Inks.

Please be sure to visit the Bombshell Blog for some more projects for this wacky holiday. And don't forget to wear your brown shoes tomorrow (which is the actual date of the holiday...aren't you glad I gave you advanced warning?)! And of course, there's that fabulous list of Jolly Bloggers, listed in my side bar. Say hi to all of those peeps too! Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Comments

Erm...I have no brown shoes so I will be borrowing my husband's at least you will know what I'm up to if I get funny looks when out shopping. Lovely image you have used here, great colouring and stenciling.
Wiola said…
What first caught my eye was the shine on her skirt. I think you coloured her really well. Haha how fun with a Wear Brown Shoes Day.
GlitteryKatie said…
Great colouring Alison- love her!!
DonnaMundinger said…
Love the color scheme and cool vintage feel to this, Alison! xxD
Anonymous said…
Your Bombshell looks fabulous. Now, to dig out a pair of brown shoes!
Unknown said…
Like the colors you put at the card. Great stamp.
Wendy said…
Great card Alison. I like the colors you choose for your card (two of my favorites). Great stamping and stenciling!
Emily Thubbron said…
Nope, no brown shoes here..other than hiking boots and I just ain't hanging out all day in those. I love this card. All the brown works so well.
~Lady B~ said…
Super Sassy Card! Fab coloring and great design!
Crafting Vicky said…
Love the background you have created. And such an awesome way to do the sentiment.
Steph said…
Beautiful card, love the colors. LOL, haven't heard of this holiday before, just bought some brown shoes but dont think they will be comfortable for the type of work I have to do tomorrow.
ionabunny said…
Ooh Santa Baby!! Great image. Nice shoes
maureenjscott said…
Love the funky brown Christmas card Alison! Fabulous colouring, she's a very cute image. Love it! mo x
Laura S Reading said…
Well, that is a holiday idea I can get behind! Love my brown shoes, especially boots.

She has holiday attitude and the green gives her a festive look.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...