Skip to main content

Day 5 of the 12 Days of Creepmas: Smile and Joy

Hello and welcome to Day 5 of the Smeared & Smudged 12 Days of Creepmas! Today I have another tag to share with you. I recently received a few Stampotique stamps (you saw me use Noelle this month already), and "Smile" is one of them. I love him! And so do my kids. He's just so cute! So I needed to use him this month.

I colored him with watercolors, and cut him out really roughly...sort of child-like. I let him borrow the Santa hat from my Bombshell Stamps Holiday Accessory set. That I colored with markers.

The "Joy" is from Inkadinkado, and my Christmas Balls are from the Great American Stamp Company. I watercolored the balls too. I also used some Stickles for a bit o' glitter.

I could probably fill up all 12 Days using "Smile," but I will try to pull out something new for Day 6. ;) I will of course be entering my tag into the Stampotique Designers Challenge 128: Anything Goes. Please be sure to visit the rest of the Jolly Bloggers, all listed in my sidebar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Comments

Steph said…
Awww, he is cute! Love the background you created with the balls and glitter, what cool fibers too. Fab tag!
DonnaMundinger said…
Smile is one of my faves off all times. love the watercolor and the background ROCKS! Fabulous! xxD
Emily Thubbron said…
I would like to see 12 different projects with this cute little guy. What a challenge that would be for me. Great card and coloring. I like how you didn't fussy cut, just cut around him.
Really great tag..cute image.
Wendy said…
What a great tag Alison. I only have a dozen Stampotique stamps and "smile" is among them. Love him! Like you you created and arranged your tag. Lots of fun elements!
Anonymous said…
Yep - that Smile guy is adorable. I love the look of those Christmas balls too - perfect addition.
Wiola said…
Hihi how cute he is with that awkward smile and santa-hat. Your tag is just stinkin' cute. :)
Kay Wallace said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay Wallace said…
What a fantastic tag, Alison!! I love Smile, and he is just the perfect ambassador of glad tidings! Love all the ornaments, too!
Crafting Vicky said…
Totally cute image!!! Just love how you have added that hat on him. Very creative!
Dominike said…
What a cute tag it is.
ionabunny said…
What a happy chappy he is. Joy to us all.....
maureenjscott said…
Awesome tag! I love your stamping!! Determined to learn new techniques next year and stamping will be top of my list! Love the background and the wee guy is so cute!! mo xxx
Karin said…
Great tag!
Groetjes karin
Jools Robertson said…
Fab tag! Great colours and patterns
Kaz said…
Gorgeous tag! Smile is one of my all time favourites and I use him loads. I think you will too!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this month.
Kathi said…
Smile is adorable, as is this card!

Sam & Poppy said…
Bless Smile :)
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)
Anonymous said…
Love your entry! Makes you think of Christmas immediately. Thank you for joining the Stampotique DC

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...