Skip to main content

Day 10 of 12: Creepmas Grumpie

Greetings and Salutations! Welcome to Day 10 of the Smeared and Smudged 12 Days of Creepmas. Today's project features a Grumpie from Smeared Ink. I love these guys.

I love coloring this guy. I was happy to find some holographic light bulbs in my stash. They work really well in this card.

I colored the Grumpie with Spectrum Noirs and Copics. I was going to give the grumpie a bit of a glow from the lights, then I realized that they weren't plugged in! Which, I guess is better for the Grumpie.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the Jolly Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Comments

Wendy said…
Awe...very cute card today Alison. Love how you colored your grumpie and arranged him on the card. Only two days left!
DonnaMundinger said…
Super cute, Alison! Love your coloring and fab holographic lights. The DP you used is really fun, too. xxD
Anonymous said…
That yellow swirly paper looks great! And you are right - those holographic are perfect!
Crafting Vicky said…
I just adore this little guy!!!! Fabulous creation and love the way you have colored him up. The sticker you have found in your stash is just perfect for this!
Hiya Alison. gorgeous little chap and you just happened to have the perfect holographic lights in your stash??? why don't I have anything cute and interesting in my stash?
Wiola said…
Fantastic creation! The lights to the right of your grumpie are such a fun detail.

Ps. Is the background marbled? I love using marble paint (although I never get those fancy patterns that others somehow manage to create).
maureenjscott said…
Ooh! the holographic bulbs are fabulous on there! perfect! Love the holiday grumpie, so cute! And loving your background paper! mo x

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...