Skip to main content

July Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop!

***I apologize for this not being up on time. I thought that I had set the time properly, and then I lost my wireless connection, and I guess it didn't take. Grrr.....and now back to your regularly scheduled blog post. 

Ok seriously. Where is this summer going. This is one summer that I wanted to stretch out like a cat basking in a window sill. But alas, it is moving quickly....and since it is the last Wednesday in July, that means it's time for the always-fabulous Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month, my theme was "Iconic." I wanted evryone to work their crafty magic by using those itty bitty awesome little icons that come with all of the Bombshell sets. I "allowed" the hoppers to use 1 major image, but I encouraged them (no, there were no whips or chains involved), to not even use 1. All icons. Wanna see what I made?

I am on a bit of a jewelry kick, which, if you know me...shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Jewelry and Christmas presents. But that's a whole 'nuther bag of tricks. Anywho. I broke out my very first (and still one of my most favorite sets) from Bombshell, Pirate's Life. This pendant also goes hand in hand with the July Pin-Up theme.

I had some more wonderful bleached chipboard from Technique Tuesday, which I stamped my icons on using StazOn. Next I added the eyelets, in an antique gold color. Then I took some Distress Ink and went to town. I used Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Weathered Wood. My original four colors, if anyone was curious. Then I embossed the hell out of them with my JudiKins Amazing Glaze, as I did with the other pendant I had up a few days ago. Check out that pretty little number HERE. I attached the pieces together with jump rings, and called this baby done.
So now it's time for you to hop along to the next stop. The full hop list is below. Enjoy, I know this is going to be a rockin' hop. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!


Sparkly Engineer Mary: http://sparkly-train.blogspot.com/

Comments

Torrey said…
Oh Alison, me hearty...I LOVE this. It totally looks like enamel and patina on metal. Makes me wanna go find some buried treasure. Aarrgh.
Kim said…
I love this necklace! Definitely does not look like chipboard at all. Love the vintage feel of it.
Kathi said…
This is fabulous!

I love everything about it and think it should come live with me.

BTW, I will NOT forgive you for not posting on time.
Anonymous said…
Woohoooo!! Now I usually don't care about jewelry....but now I DO!! I want to be a pirate now also so I can were this georgeous necklace! Yarrr!!
Alaine said…
This is gorgeous! Love the colors and the design.
Laura B said…
Completely awesome necklace! The way you used the distress ink looks amazing! Love it.:)
This is the kewlest piece of paper jewelry I have ever seen. I am soooo stealing this idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...