Skip to main content

July Pin Up Challenge with Bombshell Stamps

Hello! Today I am sharing the latest Pin-Up challenge from Bombshell Stamps. As you probably know, each month, Bombshell has a guest Pin-Up, that gets to create a challenge for everyone to play along with. Well, this month, we have Susie, and she has chosen something super cool. Your challenge is to make jewelry using your Bombshell Stamps and paper. No altered pre-made jewelry. I did ask Susie if chipboard was ok, and she said yes. So that's what I used. 




I used the focal image from Mi Amor. I stamped her with black StazOn by laying the stamp on my crafting table and bringing my piece of chipboard to her, to ensure proper placement. Then I went to town by using my brightest colors of Distress Inks. I applied those with my Cut-N-Dry Nibs. 




I used 10 colors of Distress Inks. After I was done coloring, I applied abut 5 layers of Amazing Glaze from Judi Kins. It's an embossing powder that looks like glass when you apply more than one layer. My favorite embossing powder, for sure! You can see the shine on the piece in this photo. 



Before I had applied the Amazing Glaze, I punched a hole in the top of the pendant and added an eyelet. After all was said and done, I added a jump ring and a simple black cord. I love how vibrant the colors look on this. And it looks like it's painted ceramic in real life. Please be sure to visit the rest of the Bombshell gals over at the Bombshell Blog, to see even more amazing pieces of jewelry. And then, please play along! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Kathi said…
This is gorgeous! I love the the way you color with Distress Inks!
Kim said…
Beautiful necklace! I love how bright and vibrant she looks. Mi Amor is one of my favorite stamp sets.
Torrey said…
Oooh Alison...I LoVe her! Your coloring ROCKS! I would totally wear this.
WOW!!! This is REALLY stunning!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...