Skip to main content

June Hump Day Hop: 3 Cheers for Summer!

Hello, friends! It's the last Wednesday of the month, which means it's time for the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month's theme is 3 Cheers for Summer. This means that the project needs to be Summer themed, and has either the number 3 on it, or 3 of something. Here's what I made.

I worked with the beautiful Hula Girl. I colored the girls all the same, except for their hair. Can't you feel the warm breeze and hear the Hawaiian music playing?

I used watercolor markers and Copics to color in the images. I also used the banner from one of the smaller (but just as cool) images from the Hula Girl set.


This month's Hump Day Hop is 14 fabulous participants! I am so happy to see so many folks spreading the Bombshell love. Please be sure to stop by everyone's blog. Below is the full hop list. Thank you for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!!!
Alison: http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com (that's me!)
Mary G.: http://www.mystampinhide-away.blogspot.com
Jodi: http://www.elamdesign33.blogspot.com/
Stempelientje: http://stempelientje.blogspot.com
Kim: www.craftypinkanchor.blogspot.com/
Rachael: http://rachaelshandmadedesigns.blogspot.com/
Laura: http://craftylittlewoman.blogspot.com/
Alaine: http://missalaineousmosaics.blogspot.com/
Cassie: http://casbacreations.blogspot.com/
Glittery Katie: http://ferrishyn-frontier.blogspot.com
Susie: http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.co.uk
Torrey: http://left-field-studio.blogspot.com/
Kathi: http://kathstales.blogspot.com

We have a late entry! Kelli is joining us this month as well. Please visit her blog: http://cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com/. She may not be on everyone's hop list, so don't forget to stop by and say hi! Thank you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your hula girls!
Susie Little said…
Beautiful ladies beautifully coloured! xx
Mary G. said…
Fun card! Beautifully colored hula girls!! Thanks for the fun theme, Ali!
Laura B said…
Gorgeous card! I love how you colored the hula girls.:)
Torrey said…
ALOHA BABY!! Love the way you colored their grass skirts! It tickles me that you and I were so sympatico with this project. GMTA.

So, where's Johnny Depp with my umbrella drink??...I swear, that man needs a leash. I'm off to track him down.
Nicole Maki said…
Great coloring and shading.

I really like how you did the background.
Kathi said…
It's a luau with entertainment! Gotta love that!

Great card, gorgeous coloring.
GlitteryKatie said…
Very cute Alison!!! LOVE the hair colours!!
ElamDesign33 said…
Love the hula girls. You did a beautiful coloring those grass skirts. :-)
Kim said…
Gorgeous card! I love that you colored the Hula Girl's hair different colors.
Kim said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Valadez said…
Allison, this is exquisite! Your coloring is stellar and I'm particularly smitten with their hair. How divine! Fab work, girly!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Shoot! Totally added an extra "L"...what the heck was I thinking?! I freakin' know better! Sorry about that, lady :D
MaRyKaY said…
awesomeness threesome's.
I love your coloring.
Been a while since I stopped by anyone's blog's.
I love the way you colored their grass skirt's.
Great job

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...