Skip to main content

Beach Fun Lola Addams

It's time for another preview of the new Teen Scene Summer Fun collection from Simply B Stamps. This time, it's Lola Addams. She is always one of my favorite characters in the Teen Scene lineup to work with.

She doesn't look real happy to be out in the sun. In fact, check out what she said..." See you at dusk." Guess she's going into hiding so that her lovely ghost-like complexion doesn't get a bit of color from the sun! That little sentiment is from Smeared Ink and their Creepy lil Grumpies set. I will be entering this card in their Smudgy Antics "Anything Goes" challenge.

I colored Lola with my watercolor markers and my Copics. I really like the look of annoyance on her face! I make that face all the time. Hahaha!

I broke out my ole spiderweb punch from Martha Stewart, because Lola was practically begging for some webs. And I found a skully button in my stash that I also thought worked rather well here. Now it's time for you to visit the SBS Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has done with this unhappy cutie. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Corinne said…
OMG, I just LOVE this... the image, the coloring, the layout of your card... all of it is just PERFECT!!
Hugs
Carol W. said…
LOL super cute! Love her look and the sentiment TFS
Monique's art said…
awesome card, love the colurs you used thanks for sharing at Smudgy antics
Great image.... as always perfect colouring. Thanks for joining us at Smudgy Antics this week :)
Hi Alison, great to see your beautiful artwork over here. As always, your colouring is the tops! Thank you for sharing this with us at Smudgy Antics this week. Please visit us again soon
~Lady B~ said…
Fabulous coloring, as always, my friend! I love the attitude of Lola and you've displayed her perfectly! Thanks for sharing with Smudgy Antics :)
always perfect...no purrfect ..awesome as always

susan s.
always perfect...no purrfect ..awesome as always

susan s.
Kathi said…
Great card and great job coloring her. I love all the shading you've done. Her hair looks fabulous!
Love the spiderweb and it's perfect to set her up with a challenge! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...