Skip to main content

Skull Castle Jude!


It's time for a blog hop!!! The last image from the new Simply B Stamps collection is what we are showcasing today, and I know you are all going to love him! I am happy to introduce you to Skull Castle Jude!

How cute is he?!? I just love what he is building! I need to try to construct this myself...with a little help from my kids, of course!

I used the same dotty technique (yes, I made that name up) for the sand, as I did with Miller. I like how it turned out. I used mostly Copics for this image, with a few watercolor markers.

I used some twine on the side of the card (which I inked), as I thought it gave the card some nice texture. Playing in the sand is definitely something I could go for right now. It's so relaxing.
I hope you have enjoyed this release! I know that I did! Please be sure to visit everyone in the hop. You don't want to miss a thing! Here is the full hop list.
 SBS Blog 
Alison (me!)
Barbara
Betty
Lelia
Cyndi
Lea
Suzi
 SBS Blog

That is Eight new stamps!  You know you want them all!

Buy all eight new  rubber stamps for $54 ($67.92 regular price): Summer54
Any six new rubber stamps for $40  ($50.94 regular price): Summer40
Any three new rubber stamps for $13.00 ($16.98 regular price): Summer 13

Digis are also available until Sunday, they will be available only in rubber once taken down Sunday night at 11:59PM PST.
Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Tina said…
adorable, and i love the skull castle he made..i would love to be relaxing on the beach right now...
Pam Hornschu said…
Super fun image! Great coloring on this...especially the sand and hair!
Speedy G said…
I really love how you did the sand. Looks so real. Great job!
omgosh!!!! So cuuuteeee!!!! I love it =0)....I'm a new follower!
the stamp is cute . Love the eyes . Great coloring. Especially love the sand texture. TFS
Pam
Trudie said…
This has been an awesome release and Jude is the cutest!!..... I am not a beach person at all so I might have to try and build this sand skull in my niece and nephews sand pit instead!! xx
Betty Boo! said…
Simply adorable Al! Love it as usual ;)
faithnme said…
ohh First off I just Love your blog..Loving the 'simple Betty image.. Great coloring.


Sharette
Heidi Brawley said…
OMG that is funny!!! Great new image! Fabulous card hun!!!
Mette said…
Honestly, he's just so darn cute. But I am sure he'd raise a few eyebrows on the beach lol. Fabulous card./

Hugs, Mette
Corinne said…
Awesome, LOVE the way you speckled the sand on the skull!
Hugs
Oh my.... This stamp is so my son. TFS
Arts by Sara said…
Alison... your card is just adorable and I love the embellishment! You Rock! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!
K Clark said…
oohhh love it... great job!!
Bonnie said…
Cute card! Love the sand and the skull
Steph said…
Great card! I love the dotty technique, will have to give it a try.
Jenn Borjeson said…
Alison, he's adorable and your coloring is awesome, as usual! :) Big smooches, my friend.
I love your card and I love your blog wow :-)
Great card and love the texture of the twill on the side.
Kathy said…
What a cute little guy! Love your card!
Mary J said…
He is so fun Alison - awesome colouring!
K said…
OMGosh OMGosh OMGOSH!!! I wanna go build a sand skull now. Beautiful card
AmyJRockstar said…
Hi Alison,
First off, I have to tell you I LOVE your hair in your profile pic!!! Great color! :) I also love the cute card you made. Coloring job is fantastic and such a cute image! :) Great job!

XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
Kathi said…
Great image, beautifully colored. I call that the "Dotty Technique" too. So, if two of us do, it's official!

BTW, I can so see you and your kids making a skull castle.
Great texture in the sand and I love what you did with the ribbon! *Hugs

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...