Skip to main content

Bombshell Stamps February Sketch

I have a new Bombshell Stamps card to share with you today. And I have to be honest…I wasn’t sure if I would ever get it done. Yeah, I know…it’s only February 7th…but I was privy to the sketch for quite a while now (one of the many perks to being on the Design Team!), and I just couldn’t do it. This had to be the hardest sketch challenge for me. Ever. Not really sure why…And, I had to change it up a bit since it just wasn’t working! Hope you like it…

I really like the colors and the way I colored everything. It’s just the layout that has me thinking it’s a bit wonky… Let me show you the original sketch:

untitled

My sizes are off a wee bit with my circles…and I changed the lines in the background. Not too much of an alteration…but it was what I needed to get it done.

 

I colored my Bombshell (Man’s Ruin) with my watercolor markers. The skull on the glass is done in pencil.

These images are from various other Bombshell sets. The skull (colored pencil), is from Man’s ruin…it has a rose in it’s mouth, which I removed. The center image is from Bombshell Angel (watercolor markers) and the rose is from Mi Amor (watercolor markers again).

Kathi, you sure did challenge me this time around! But, I am happy with the end result. I hope you play along with the Bombshell girls too! I’d love to see your version of this sketch. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Daniella said…
Holy Crow!! You have been a very busy blogger! I have been looking at all of your wonderful work!! Super job!! This card is totally amazing. I love the added smaller images from various sets!!
Wicked Bitchin'!!
Alaine said…
WOW... For someone who was intimidated by the sketch you did awesome. I love the colors in this and the sheer liquid in the glass. :-)
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison, this is crazy cool! The images are perfect, the coloring is fab, and the palette brings it all together! Love the images at the bottom. They sort of remind me of lotteria cards, which is awesome! Love it ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...