Skip to main content

Macabre Monday #22 Fallen Angel

It’s Friday! Busy day for me today… running to the Motorcycle Show in the city with the Husband and Boy. The Girl will be hangin’ with Grandmama. So, this will be a quickie post (I often say that, and it’s never true!)

Anyway, some of the chics over at Smeared and Smudged have mentioned Macabre Mondays. Macabre Mondays? Why have I not heard of this before??? Why am I not participating??? Well, I clicked on over to find out that it is just my type of challenge blog! I am so stoked that I know about it! Halloween all the time? Uh, a big Hell yeah to that, thank you very much! Yeah… this post is already getting long!

So this week’s challenge is Fallen Angel. Cool. Should be pretty easy for me right? Wrong! I have some pretty awesome wings… but no “body” good enough to put them on! Then I remembered this sick stamp I have from Stampers Anonymous, that looks pretty at first, but al I usually see is creepy and gothic…

IMG_9794

I love this stamp. So many ideas for it… I used a few types of markers for it, some EK Watercolor Markers, Sakura Stardust (in 2 colors), Ranger’s White Opaque Pen… And of course I added some Black Gold Glimmer Mist and some Black Diamond Stickles.

IMG_9795

You can see the glimmer and glitz much better in this pic. Click on any photo to see it bigger! See the flecks in the black paper? Glimmer Mist baby! The sheen in the wings is from the Stardust pens.

IMG_9796

And this fab paper is sadly from a company that no longer exists… But you can make it yourself with glossy paper and alcohol inks! So that’s my card. And, as I type this, I am clonking myself on the head because I just now realized that I can make a layout of my fave Fallen Angel. No… I won’t tell you who it is… But if you KNOW me… like really know me… you should be able to figure it out. So, now add another “to do” on my huge list, ‘cause now I hafta make this page!!! Oi! Wish me luck! But until then, just enjoy the macabre beauty of this card! Peace!

Comments

Barb said…
This is amazing, Alison! The embossing, glimmer, and that sick paper is awesome... thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Mondays!
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this Alison!!!!
Erica said…
This is so beautiful! I love glimmer mist! Great work! Hope you have fun today...I want to see photos!
Unknown said…
This card is just AMAZING Ali...All the work you have put into the details is just phenomenal!! I LOVE it!! Gorgeous stuff Honey!! Xx
This is beautiful! Love the idea!
Anonymous said…
Amazing and very beautiful. I really love this card.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...