Skip to main content

Light Wrapping

Hello! I have a card today featuring House Mouse. These 2 friends have gotten themselves into a bit of a tangle! 

Supplies:
Stampendous:
HMP51: Light Wrapping
DWLJ896: Large Flourish Stencil
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
SSC1231: Holiday Expressions Perfectly Clear Set
DWDPK: Palette Knife
MPW811: Mixed Media Paper
STF082: Onyx Black VersaFine Ink

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Parrot
Tombow: Dual Brush Markers: 850, 990, 942, 856, 885, 055, 062, 535, 493, 636, 603, 195, 277
Imagine Crafts:  Memento Markers: Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy
Copics: E25, E34, YR00, C3, N2
Creative Impressions: Ribbon- #80234- 1/4" Red & Green Gingham
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Also, small red brad.

Directions:
1. Stamp Light Wrapping with Onyx Black VersaFine ink on to Mixed Media Paper. Color with markers listed above. Trim, and round the corners. Ink sentiment with Cottage Ivy Memento Marker and stamp in the corner of the trimmed image.


2. Make the card base out of Parrot cardstock, cut to 5 1/2" x 8." Tape Large Flourish stencil to the card base, and using the palette knife, sweep Glossy White Embossing Paste across the top. Remove stencil to wash and let card base dry.

3, Trim a 2" piece of ribbon, fold in half, and apply to upper right corner of the image with a small red brad. Apply a strip of ribbon to both the top and bottom of the card base with Zip Dry glue.

4. Glue image down with Zip Dry to the lower left corner.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the Stampendous team that is posting today. Their links are below. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Alison Heikkila (that's me!)

Comments

Looks like they are all tied up for now!! Very cute card! TFs!
Viki Banaszak said…
This is adorable! Love that ribbon.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...