Skip to main content

Candy Elf C

Merry Christmas Eve! Today I am sharing a card I made using the adorable Candy Elf C from A Day for Daisies.

I made this card very graphic and bold. The elf was colored with Zig Clean Color Markers and then cut out.

For my background, I laid down the Houndstooth stencil (one of my absolute favorites) from Stampendous (Dreamweaver), and spritzed it with a green Dylusions spray. I also flipped the stencil on to a another piece of cardstock to get the negative image and to not waste the overspray. After the green dried, I used the red Dylusions paint on the small bubble wrap stamp that comes with the Rounds Creative Palette.  I applied the paint with my finger so that I didn't use too much on the stamp.

After the paint dried, I stamped and re-stamped the "Make Merry" with VersaFine ink from Imagine. On my red card base, I used Jeweled Gold embossing powder from Stampendous around the edges and I stamped just a couple of snowflakes in white. I think this card is really fun, and I want to make more in this style. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windowrama and Helebore

Hello! The January 2019 catalog from Stampendous is officially out! You are going to love the new products, especially the new die set that the team is featuring this week. It's called the Windorama Die Set and it is so versatile and fun! I will be suing this die set quite a bit! I am also using some of the newest stamps, including the Small Hellebore. I love hellebore flowers... I have some growing in my garden. I love their deep and unusual colors, which I tried to capture in my project for today. My full instructions are below.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
RS-Q241: Small Hellebore
DCP1012: Windowrama Die Set
6CR011: Dahlia Collage
SSC1308: Script Sayings
DP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder

Other:
Bazzill: Parrot
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 040, 046, 047, 053, 082, 090, 095
Imagine: VersaMark, Sweet Plum Memento Ink, VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne
Lavender and green cardstock
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Posca Pen: White
Canson Mixed Media XL

Directions:
1. Stamp the Hellebore image…

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while.

What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces.



The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that it's easy…

Winged Heart Stampendous and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Collaboration

Hello! It is he final day for the Stampendous and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L collaboration. Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L is such a wonderful company with lots of great products. They generously supply the Stampendous Design team with 3D adhesive foam squares and other kits so we can pop up the elements on our cards and bring our projects to life. On my other card for this collaboration, I used the foiling kit (called the 3D Foam Creative Embellishment Kit) and I decided I wanted to use it again today.

I really enjoyed foiling the "merry" on my other card, so I wanted to do that technique again. But I added a bit of a twist this time. I took the heart from the new Wings Die Set and die cut a piece of foam from the Embellishment Kit. I only ran it through my Big Shot machine once, so that the pieces wouldn't fall out of the heart. I carefully pulled off the main part of the heart's front protective paper and applied blue foil to it. Then, while keeping all of the small bi…