Skip to main content

A Very Special Bond

I was very apprehensive to send Phoenix to school this year. I wasn’t really sure if it was necessary….I didn’t want him to be afraid….he’s honestly already really smart… But my husband and I thought it would be good so that he could develop his social skills, where he is lacking a bit. We hoped that his teacher would be kind, gentle and inspirational. Well, Phoenix wound up with a teacher is that is all that and SO much more…



It is traditional that the teachers receive photo albums or scrapbooks from their class each year. Well, this year…we kinda went all out. This is one of the pages I had the privilidge of making.


We just adore this woman, Mrs. Hellige, so very much. She is the perfect teacher in every way. I couldn’t have asked for anyone better.



I thought this was such a fabulous picture! Phoenix is just so happy and comfortable with her. I hope they have forged a relationship that will last a very long time…(I think they did!).



I used Patina and Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist all over the paper along with 2 Glimmer Screens. If you click on any of the photos, you can see them bigger. See the glimmer on the blig splotch of Patina? So pretty when the light hits it!


The kids all had to say something they loved about their class, or Mrs Hellige. This is what the page says:


Q: What’s your favorite thing about Mrs. Hellige?


A: I love loving her! That’s what I love best!


Hmmm….sound an awful lot like what he said about me on Mother’s Day! I guess she really is a very special woman! ;)



I had him sign his name on the bottom of the quote for an extra special touch. Some rhinestones, swirls and a big flower later…the page was done. And yes…Mrs Hellige loved it.


Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow is the big Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! So please be sure to come back. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Roseanna nicoletti said…
Alison is all she say's she is and so much more, love u Al <3
Unknown said…
The picture is great. The page is beautiful. It makes it so much easier to send them to school when they enjoy it!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below. Supplies: Stampendous : HMP62 : Nurse Mouse DWLX7026 : Chevron Stencil STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Others : My Colors Cardstock : Ocean Side Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902 Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber Canson Mixed Media Cardstock Ranger: Water Brush Beacon Adhesives : Zip Dry Glue Red Cardstock: unknown Directions: 1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds wa