Skip to main content

Fishy Fun

Hello! I've got a funny card to share with you today that uses some of Stampendous' new Fishy Fun stamps. These guys are hilarious, and I made them even sillier by adding googly eyes. This card cracks me up. My full instructions are below.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
SSC1312: Fishy Fun

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Sky, Madras Blue, Winter Lake, Deep Indigo, Seafoam, Tropical Splash
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne, On Point Glue
Zig Clean Color Markers: Octopus: 080, 083, 803. Jelly Fish: 045, 200, 302, 803. Puffer Fish: 021, 047, 053, 222. Seahorse: 230, 220. Starfish: 064, 067. Grass: 048, 049, 400.
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Nuvo: Jewel Drops in Sea Breeze
Googly Eyes
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass (optional)
Pale Blue Cardstock

Directions:
1. Stamp the fish and sentiment on to Mixed Media Paper with Nocturne Ink.

2. Color the fish in using the Zig Markers listed.

3. Fussy cut the fish.

4. Create the card base out of pale blue cardstock, cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2."

5. Cut strips in various widths to 5 1/4" wide.

6. Tear one horizontal side of each strip.

7. Attach the strips to the card base with EZ Runner.

8. Glue fish on to the background with EZ Runner or On Point Glue.

9. Attach the googly eyes with On Point Glue.

10. Cut out the sentiment and color in with either Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, or a Zig Marker.

11. Adhere the sentiment.

12. Apply Jewel Dots in Sea Breeze to the background to look like bubbles.
If you'd like to see more wonderful projects featuring some of the newest products by Stampendous, head on over to the Blog. I'll be back tomorrow with another new card. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...