Skip to main content

Caffeinated Shark

Greetings! Today I have a card that I just felt like making. No DT stuff, no challenges....just me playing around with supplies. In case you didn't know, I recently taught at Unstoppable Retreats in Seattle. There, I had gotten my first 2 sets of stamps from The Rabbit Hole Designs. Now, I had seen a lot of wonderful projects from them already, I just didn't have any stamps yet. But I am supper excited to now have their Shark from the Caffeinated collection.
I stamped this guy on Bristol Smooth cardstock and colored him with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I crack up every time I look at him! I fussy cut him out and decided to use some scraps of patterned paper to make water. I also used the coffee molecule stamp in the background in a subtle way with Summer Sky Memento ink.
And of course, I needed to use that hilarious sentiment. This was a quick card to put together, which I like, since I've been short on crafty time lately. I have plenty of ideas for Mr. Shark, and I look forward to sharing them with you in the future.
I'd like to give a HUGE "thank you" to The Rabbit Hole Designs for being one of the amazing sponsors at Unstoppable Retreats. I am so excited to keep playing with these stamps. And, I'd like to mention, that the quality of the stamps is amazing. Usually you need to ink up a new stamp a few times before you get a good impression, but not with these. They worked beautifully the first time, and have perfectly crisp lines. I look forward to adding to my Rabbit Hole Designs collection. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...