Skip to main content

May WRC Sketch Challenge

Hello! Thanks for visiting me today. I've got a new Sketch Challenge to share with you, courtesy of White Rose Crafts. I've given myself a goal of turning each of these sketches into scrapbook pages, instead of cards for the entire year, and I've been successful so far. Here's the sketch:
And here is my take on it:
I came across these photos of my daughter the last time I was searching for pictures to scrapbook. I thought that they'd be perfect for this sketch. She was so happy spinning and twirling in this coat my mom had made for her. And her crazy outfit makes me smile. I lined the photos up and trimmed them to fit properly on my 12 x 12 layout. I added the strips of black to break up the photos just a little bit.
My daughter and I both love mixing patterns, so, much like her outfit, I found a few patterned papers that I thought were crazy together, but also perfect. The chevron and pink lacey-looking paper is from my stash, the polka dotted one is from Kaisercraft's Greenhouse paper pad, and the metallic one (also from Kaisercraft) is from the Bombay Sunset paper pad. I needed more pattern though, so I decided to ink up my pale pink background paper with the Circles and Pluses stencil from Studio Light with Distress Oxide in Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar.
And since my girl always sparkles, I literally threw some sequins on to may layout, and glued (most) of them pretty much were they landed. I used a few Sparkle Blends to get the colors I wanted, like Unicorn (no longer available), Intergalactic, and Amethyst. I glued them all down with On Point Glue from Imagine.
My daughter was full of joy when I took these photos, and I am so grateful I have this sweet and innocent memory of her, now on a completed page. How will you interpret the sketch? I can't wait to see! Be sure to visit the White Rose Crafts Gallery Group on Facebook, and add your photo to the appropriate album. Be sure to visit White Rose Crafts to see what's new in store. You can use my code, "Alison 15" to save 15% off of your order. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...