Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team is making project with the theme, "Balance Buddies." We have several types of animals that are giving yoga a try. I decided to work with the Downward Dog stamp today.Supplies:
V344: Downward Dog
DCP1005: Fitted Frames Set A
MPW811: Mixed Media Paper
Bo Bunny: Pink Punch Vintage 12" x 12" Paper- 12PPV951
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 022, 027, 031, 041, 050, 065, 070, 072, 080, 303
Imagine: Kaleidacolor Ink Pad in Calypso, Ink Potion No. 9, VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Large Acrylic Block
Embossed Dot cardstock in dark teal
1. Stamp Downward Dog on to a piece of Canson Mixed Media Paper with VersFine Clair Ink.
2. Color the image using the colors listed.
3. Die cut the image using the Large "V" Fitted Frame.
4. Apply Calypso Ink directly to a large acrylic block, swiping the color from top to bottom, horizontally.
5. Spritz the inked block with Ink Potion No. 9.
6. Press the inked block on to a piece of Mixed Media White Paper and let sit for about 4 minutes.
7. Remove the block, and cut out the inked area to the desired shape and size.
8. Cut a piece of embossed dark teal cardstock to 5 1/4" x 4."
9. Create the card base out of Pink Punch Vintage cardstock, cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2."
10. Glue all layers.
I really enjoy doing the ink splotch technique with an acrylic block. You get such a wonderful watercolor effect without much effort at all. And the Kaleidacolor ink pads have such a wide range of palettes, that you can get a wonderful variety of backgrounds. I'll be back with another fun animal doing yoga later this week. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see more. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!