Skip to main content

Intro to the WRC December Kit

Hello! Today is my first post that will be highlighting the December Subscription Kit from White Rose Crafts LLC. I am not one that is usually interested in subscription boxes. I usually like to just choose my own products and combinations, but I have to say, it was so refreshing to have someone else do the work for me for once! Everything coordinates so beautifully, I love the colors, and the products are wonderful to work with. I was able to put together multiple cards very quickly, so I decided that for each of my posts this month that feature this Subscription Box, I will share at least 2 projects. Today, I am highlighting 2 cards that are predominantly teal. 

My first card came together very quickly. I started off with the turquoise card base that comes in the kit (with an envelope!). Then I chose my focal image which is from ScrapBerry's Elegantly Festive Toppers. I paired it with one of their 6" x 6" papers that's a rich plum color.

For an additional layer, I cut a piece of Lace Paper (I am obsessed with the stuff!). It softens the whole look of the card and adds a dreamy feel. I felt that the card needed a bit of sparkle, so I added a few sequins from the exclusive Sparkle Blend called Very Merry. You can only get this blend in this kit! I adhered them with On Point Glue from Imagine. My adhesives and 1 card base are the only thing that I used on these cards that wasn't included in the kit. 

For my second card, I fell in love with this tree scene, also from the ScrapBerry Elegantly Festive Toppers. I cut it out, then chose a teal stripe paper, as well as the GORGEOUS Lawn Fawn Pixie Dust Sparkle cardstock. For a sentiment, I chose one of the many Kaiser Craft sentiment stickers and a sweet snowflake button (I clipped the back off with scissors). I adhered the button with a dollop of On Point Glue as well, and it worked perfectly. I love that I can bang out a bunch of cards fast, and they still look great!

How would you like to see what else is inside the White Rose Crafts December Subscription Box? I did a Facebook Live to show my unboxing of the kit. You can check it out below. Keep in mind, YouTube doesn't show the FB comments, so if some of what I say doesn't make sense, it's because you can't see the comments! Feel free to visit my FB page to see them.

So that's it for me today. I hope you enjoyed these first 2 cards. I will be back soon with more from this fabulous kit. And if you would like to pre-order yours now, please head on over to THIS LINK to get yours! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...