Skip to main content

WRC December Kit: Embellishment Ideas

Hello! I have been playing with the December Kit from White Rose Crafts a lot this month, and I am really enjoying myself! I decided that today I would focus on a couple of the embellishments that come in the kit. I also chose to share 2 cards that feature the same plum-colored color palette.

Both of my cards feature a Topper from ScrapBerry's Elegantly Festive collection. I chose to also use ScrapBerry's coordinating 6" x 6" papers. The deep plum cardstock on both cards are from my personal stash. On this first card, you'll see a lovely lace bow. You actually get several of these in the December Kit! I love the little pearl in the center of the bow. This doesn't add so much dimension that you need to worry about mailing the card. I would probably add a thin piece of cardboard on top, just to protect the pearl, but I think it will mail fine.


I love the soft plum reindeer paper that I used on this card. I find reindeer to be quite elegant, and that was the look I was going for. I simply tore a piece to fit on the corner of my card. I did the same thing with the pale pink snowflake paper on my card below.

For this card, my special embellishment is the sequins from the Very Merry Sparkle Blend. You can only get this mix in the December Kit, so if you collect Sparkle Blends like I do, you'll need to be sure to grab a kit. Instead of making a shaker, or applying the sequins around my ScrapBerry Topper, I decided to make sort of my own sequined patterned paper. I thought this showed off some of the lovely sequins in this Blend nicely, and it really brought out the colors in the Topper. I adhered the sequins with On Point Glue from Imagine.

The cards I have been making from this kit have been coming together very quickly, which is awesome because I seem to be realllly short on time lately. I haven't needed to stamp much or color, and those things (though I love them both very dearly) can be a real time suck. It's been wonderful to bang out a bunch of cards with minimal supplies too. I really encourage you to look into this kit. Preorders are going on now, and I doubt they will last much longer. Please be sure to visit White Rose Crafts to see everything that is included in the December Kit. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...