Skip to main content

Owl Hugs for my Daughter

Hello! Today I have a new shaker card to share with you. I made this card for my daughter for her first day of school. I recently purchased the Give a Hoot stamp set from Elizabeth Craft Designs, and I knew using them would be perfect as she loves owls so much.

I colored them in some of our favorite colors and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. To stamp them, I used VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne, and to color the images, I used Zig Clean Color Markers.

My daughter loves vivid colors so I knew that I needed to use the gorgeous Unicorn Sparkle Blend on this card. It has so many stunning colors (including opalescent sequins), and it is truly our favorite of all the Blends. In the photo below, you can see the wide range of sizes and colors in this unique Blend. 

My daughter and I also really like to mix patterns, and I enjoy adding a fun pattern behind my shaker, for when the sequins and other bits fall to the bottom. So I chose a fun floral from DCWV to go with the polka dot pattern on my top layer (also from DCWV). For my sentiment, I reached for my favorite sentiment stamp set, which is the You are Loved stamp set from Hero Arts. I use this set more than any other for sentiments because it is filled with so many great ones. I opted for a gray card base, which I think is really pretty and different. I don't know about you, but I get tired of white, cream, and black card bases. Gray is a nice change. 

My daughter loved her card, and that makes me so happy. I'll be sharing the card I made for my son in a few days. From what I have heard, there are only a couple packs of the Unicorn Sparkle Blend left at White Rose Crafts LLC. Once a Blend has sold out, it is gone forever, so don't miss your chance to grab it! White Rose Crafts is the only place you can purchase Sparkle Blends. And don't forget! Doodles Paper Playground is having a DT Call! If you would like to be a part of the sparkly fun, please visit THIS POST to learn all of the details. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

Comments

Christine Kiehl said…
So thoughtful of you! and it probably made her whole day! Love the patterned paper in the shaker window, how creative! Thank you for sharing your sweet hooter card with us!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...