Skip to main content

White Rose Crafts Glory of Autumn Blog Hop

Hello! Today is my first official post for the White Rose Crafts LLC Design Team! I am so thrilled to be a part of this wonderful group of ladies, representing a fantastic online shop. This is Release Week over at WRC, and the newest subscription box, called "The Glory of Autumn" will be shipping shortly. In celebration of this new kit, the we are having a blog hop. I do not have the new subscription box, but I do have a lot of the "add-ons" that are available for purchase. To check all of these awesome items out, you can head over to the "October Subscription Kit Add Ons" section. You can get a 10% discount on these items when you use the code HAPPY FALL. Here's my card.

I started off knowing that I wanted to use one of the beautiful Small Red Mulberry Skeleton Leaves from the add-ons section. From there, I decided that the leaf should be framed in some way, so I applied VersaMark ink with a stencil brush to the border of the Thinking of You Dreamweaver Stencil. I taped off the sentiment in the middle, since that's where I wanted my leaf to be. Once I inked up the border, I heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder from Ranger.

Next, I applied Distress Oxide Inks to the background using an Ink Blending Tool. I used Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, and Frayed Burlap. There are many Distress Inks in the add-on section, but I only had these colors in the Oxide version, so I went with those. My embossed frame resists the ink, so you are able to see my cream cardstock underneath. I hit the cardstock with some drops of water, to get the ink to react, and then I heated it with my heat tool to speed up the drying process. Next, I added a simple "thank you" with Vintage Photo Distress Ink from the Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel Sentiments stamps. I attached my leaf with some liquid adhesive, and then I was done. I think this card has a simplistic elegance to it and I am so happy with the end result.

In celebration of the 4th subscription box, White Rose Crafts is giving away a $15 gift certificate! Just hop along through the Design Team posts and let them know what your favorite add-on in each project is.
**Comments must be made by Friday October 5th at 11:59 EST.**
Here is the full hop list:

Alison (that's me!)


Below is a video of me unboxing the products I just received from White Rose Crafts. Please check it out to see a small portion of the wonderful products that they carry. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

cghundley said…
So pretty!
Lovely colors.
Carla from Utah
Jean said…
This is just so pretty!
Cindy Holmes said…
Very pretty using the Small Red Mulberry Skeleton Leaves from the add-ons section! it just defines the card so nicely!
MadeByMeghanK said…
Just stunning! I love the leaf add on.... the fall colors you used are perfect
cghundley said…
Forgot to mention
I like the Mulberry
Skelton leaf.
Carla from Utah
Sue D said…
Very pretty. I like how you framed the Small Red Mulberry Skeleton Leaf.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...