Skip to main content

Anything Goes with Aurora Wings

Hello! It's time for a brand-spankin' new challenge with Aurora Wings. The theme this time around is "Anything Goes," so there's no excuse to not play along! I decided to work with the delightful Lilac Sprite.

I wanted to do something different when I colored the Lilac Sprite. So I opted to give her black hair and a black dress. I think she looks striking. I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens for this. Here's a close up.

I loosely fussy cut her out then created my background. I have a nice big lilac bloom stamp from Stampendous, which I stamped on to lavender colored cardstock using Grape Jelly Memento Ink. I wanted to add a little something to the large blooms, so I took out my Fine Tec watercolors and added some shimmery purple watercolor to a few of the blooms. The shine it gave the background was fabulous, but not quite enough, so I also used a green sparkle marker from Spectrum Noir around the edge and for a few of the stems of the lilacs.

You can see the shine in the photo above. I also added a few sequin from the Lilac Lustre Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I adhered them with  On Point Glue from Imagine. My sentiment is from Altenew's Crafty Friends stamp set. I attached everything to a black card base, to work back to the black I used on the Sprite.

I really hope that you will join us for the "Anything Goes" challenge. I know that many of you will create something spectacular! Please be sure to visit the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog to see more from the amazing Design Team. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

DonnaMundinger said…
I really love the dramatic black on Lilac Sprite, Alison! Really pops the flowers and your stunning stamped background gives a fabulous mid-summer's night dreamlike quality with some sparkle from the moon and stars. I can just smell the heady lilacs. Yummy! xxD
Such an unexpected delight to see the Lilac Sprite in black, Alison! Love the satiny shine you gave to the black parts of the image. And the backdrop perfectly complements the Sprite. Thank you so much for this beautiful inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings today! Mitzi xxx

Popular posts from this blog

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
HMP62: Nurse Mouse
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink

Others:
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902
Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber
Canson Mixed Media Cardstock
Ranger: Water Brush
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Red Cardstock: unknown
Directions:
1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds water well, so since I used a water brush…

Holiday Spirit: Aurora Wings Challenge #73

Seasons Greetings! Today I have a project for the latest Aurora Wings Challenge which is "Holiday Spirit." I decided to take the theme as a two-fer. Not only is this a holiday card, but the "spirits" are flowing too.

I used the Wine Sprite for my card, and gave her a Merlot look. I colored her with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Here's a closeup.

I found a lovely paper in my stash from Wild Rose Studio from their Holly Lane collection. For my sentiment, I had some pretty red glitter cardstock from DCWV that I die cut with an old alphabet set from QuicKutz. I also added some sequins from a few different Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. The sequins and the sentiment were all glued on with On Point Glue from Imagine.

On my card base, I inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink, and then Peeled Paint Distress Ink. After I adhered my background to my base, I added Rock Candy Stickles to the edges. This gave just a touch of sparkle.

So &quo…

Windowrama and Helebore

Hello! The January 2019 catalog from Stampendous is officially out! You are going to love the new products, especially the new die set that the team is featuring this week. It's called the Windorama Die Set and it is so versatile and fun! I will be suing this die set quite a bit! I am also using some of the newest stamps, including the Small Hellebore. I love hellebore flowers... I have some growing in my garden. I love their deep and unusual colors, which I tried to capture in my project for today. My full instructions are below.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
RS-Q241: Small Hellebore
DCP1012: Windowrama Die Set
6CR011: Dahlia Collage
SSC1308: Script Sayings
DP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder

Other:
Bazzill: Parrot
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 040, 046, 047, 053, 082, 090, 095
Imagine: VersaMark, Sweet Plum Memento Ink, VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne
Lavender and green cardstock
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Posca Pen: White
Canson Mixed Media XL

Directions:
1. Stamp the Hellebore image…