Skip to main content

Catnap Christmas Q-Set

Hello! Have you heard about the new Qsets from Stampendous? I'm going to share some information about them with you today. Qsets are a new kind of cling rubber stamp. They don't have the picture printed on them. Rather, the picture of the image is printed on the acetate sheet the stamps are attached to for storing. There are coordinating dies, but they are a limited quantity. The stamps are all made in the USA, and you'll find lots of fun Christmas and Halloween stamps to choose from! HERE is a video explaining the Qsets even further. Here's my card, featuring the Catnap Christmas Stamps and Dies.

I colored this kitty with Memento Markers. I used the coordinating die to cut him out, and then I created my background. I cut down a piece of white cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4." I applied some Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink to my craft mat and sprayed it with water. I dragged the piece of cardstock through it, heat set it and reinked it a few times until I was happy with the results. Then I made sure it dried completely before I went on to my next step. I also inked up the oval that I would be using for the sentiment.

After the Oxides were dry, I used Festive Berries Distress Ink (not the Oxide) on a retro squares stencil (from Dreamweaver/Stampendous) with a small ink dauber. I allowed this to dry while I made my card base. I inked up the edge of my sentiment with Cottage Ivy Memento Ink and adhered it and the kitty to the background, and then to the card base.

Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see more fun creations using the new Qsets. I'll be back very soon with another project. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

McStamper said…
Love your sweet kitty card.
sharon g said…
The kitty is so cute. I love your bright colors, too.
BethW said…
Your card is adorable. I'm a lifelong cat person-I will probably have to get this one!
Denise Bryant said…
So cute! Love that smart kitty!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...