Skip to main content

May-genta with Imagine


Hello! This month, Imagine chose Magenta (or MAY-genta) for the color of the month. I decided to keep my card clean, simple and monochromatic...with just a few touches of gold.

I started off with some Bristol Paper and stamped beautiful border with Magenta VersaColor ink, and then I heat embossed it with Clear embossing powder. Next, I inked up my sentiment with Raspberry VersaColor to vary the shades a little, and I heat embossed that with Clear as well. I rubbed Angel Pink Memento ink across the entire piece, and this picked up the bit of texture that my paper has.

I took a plain white card base and brushed on Lilac Posies Fireworks!, let it dry, and then applied Rose Bud Fireworks! in the same way. I didn't love the way the color of the Fireworks! looked next to the Magenta ink, so to break it up, I edged the top layer of my card with Golden Glitz Delicata ink.

For just a little more sparkle and visual interest, I added a few sequins with On Point Glue. This glue is so perfect for small things like sequins. It holds perfectly, dries quickly, and that super teeny applicator makes working with it a breeze.


This card would be pretty in any color, but I really love how girly it is in the magenta and other shades of pink. And the shimmer and sparkle from the Fireworks!, Delicata, and sequins is lovely. I hope you enjoyed my project. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Supplies:
Imagine:
VersaColor: Magenta, Raspberry
Memento: Angel Pink
Delicata Ink: Golden Glitz
Fireworks! Spray: Lilac Posies, Rose Bud
Embossing Powder: Clear
On Point Glue

Other:
Stampendous: Elegant Borders Perfectly Clear Set, Painted Wishes Perfectly Clear Set

Skill Level: Beginner
Time to Complete: Under 20 Minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...