Skip to main content

Unicorn Rose

This week, the Stampendous team is previewing some of our newest favorites from the April catalog. The new products will be available for customer's to purchase starting on April 1st, and we know that you are going to love them! Today I am sharing a card featuring the new Unicorn Rose stamp. I looooove unicorns, and this image is just so pretty. Below you can get the full instructions on how to make this card.


Supplies:
Stampendous:
Q231: Rose Unicorn
DCP1005: Fitted Frames Set A
TP121: Vintage Pink Embossing Tinsel
FRG04: Gold Halo Mix
VM001: VersaMark Ink Pad
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black
HANDLE: Acrylic Stamp Handle

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Lilac Mist, Sky, Pink Delight
Zig Clean Color Markers: 021, 026, 028, 041, 043, 045, 302, 803, 901
Imagine: VersaMagic Ink in Pretty Petunia, Spot On Glue
May Arts: Ribbon
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
Scotch ATG Gun


Directions:
1. Stamp Unicorn Rose on to Canson Mixed Media paper with VersaFine ink.

2. Color the image using the Zig Clean Color Markers listed.

3. Use the small "Q" Fitted Frame to die cut the image.

4. Apply Spot On glue to the horn, and sprinkle Gold Halo mix on to it.

5. Cut the large "Q" Fitted Frame out of Sky cardstock.

6. Create the card base out of Lilac Mist and cut to 5-1/2" x 8."

7. Ink the edges of the card base with VersaMagic in Pretty Petunia.

8. Cut a 5-1/4" x 3-3/4" mat out of Pink Delight.

9. Apply VersaMark to the bottom of the pink mat and sprinkle Vintage Pink Embossing Tinsel, keeping a heavier layer at the bottom and gradually thinning it out.

10. Heat set the embossing powder from underneath.

11. Cut a piece of sheer green ribbon and apply towards the bottom of the mat using a dry glue.

12. Attach all layers with Zip Dry Glue.

Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...