Skip to main content

Doodlie Doo with Dreamweaver and Stampendous!

Hello! Today I have an art journal project to share with you. It's been a long time since I have made one, and the theme with Stampendous! and Dreamweaver this week is perfect for it. Doodlie Doo!


I started off with the beautiful Butterfly stencil. I love that this stencil is the shape that it is, without having extra metal around the image. Makes it much easier to play with colors around the image. I used a few of the lovely Radiant Neon inks from Imagine Crafts and some sponge daubers to apply colors around the butterfly. Next, I used Stampendous' Life is Art stamp, that I had inked with black Memnto ink. Then, I used Shimmery Silver Delicata ink, pad direct to paper.

I heat set the inks to keep them from smudging and so that they would be nice and dry for my next step. I put the stencil back on my page, and grabbed my Faber-Castell black PITT pen S. And I started to doodle. Now, I don't usually doodle. I kinda stink at it. I just struggle with it, so this was a (fun) challenge for me. I kept my lines fairly simple, and whatever I did on one side, I did on the other. This kept me from getting confused...which could have happened really easily here. ;)

Look at the gorgeous shimmer from that silver ink! So pretty! It was good to jump back into art journaling. I hope to create more pages soon. There are other folks sharing Doodlie Doo projects today, so I hope you will visit them too! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Alison Heikkila (that's me!)

Comments

Lyn Bernatovich said…
This is a super summery butterfly!
Pammejo said…
Fabulous zen butterfly!!!
Lea said…
Love your journal page! The colors, the silver shimmer and your simple doodles are perfect!
So pretty! Love how you combined the colors with the doodling!
Pam Hornschu said…
Truly beautiful, Alison!
Stampendous said…
So beautiful! That butterfly is so colorful and love the super looking doodling! Thank you for sharing today!
Viki Banaszak said…
This is pretty darn awesome! It is very unusual with no lines to make the outer edges. I like it!
Allison, this is a wonderful creation ...love coming and seeing what you are up to!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...