Skip to main content

Holiday Texture with Dreamweaver

This week we’re going to celebrate with the awesome Woodware Design Team and the Dreamweaver Stencils Dream Teamall of the the great Stampendous and Dreamweaver Stencils products that Woodware makes available to the UK market. This is good news for our crafty friends in the UK because we’ll be offering prizes and our UK friends are eligible to win!! We’ll be offering three prizes in the UK and three in the US. Each prize package will consist of Nathalie Kalbach’s terrific Grunge Mixed Media Cling Rubber Stamp Sets and the beautiful Zen Butterfly Dreamweaver Stencil! Both products are ideal for adding texture and backgrounds to your projects!
(Deadline to comment is Sunday, March 29th, Pacific Time. Winners will be picked using random.org and announcedTuesday, March 31st, in the afternoon.)
And that’s our theme!! Making Texture. We hope you’ll enjoy the wonderful inspiration that three talented teams will bring you this week! Be sure to visit all the blog links listed and leave your comments! Each comment will count as an entry towards one of the terrific prize packages. Here's my project for today.



It may be far from the holidays, but sometimes you never know where the inspiration is going to hit! I started off with the Happy Holiday stencil and some glittery Core-dinations glittery cardstock. I embossed the stencil with silver embossing paste. I tore the bottom of the cardstock for some added texture.


Next, I used one of my favorite stencils, the Houndstooth. I used Core-dinations cardstock for this too, and I ran the it, along with the stencil though my Big Shot machine. Then, I sanded the raised image to show off the houndstooth pattern. I also rubbed a bit of clear embossing ink around the edge of my card and used some bright silver embossing powder for added shine and texture.


Last, I decided to add a big, scrumptious bow to the card by using a gorgeous metallic green ribbon from May Arts. I like using funky colors for the holidays, and this would go really nicely with how I decorate my Christmas tree! I hope you like my offering for today. Here are the rest of the folks with creations to share with you today:

Stampendous Blog

Janelle Stollfus

Pam Hornschu

Kristine Reynolds

 Woodware Craft Collection Blog

Dorothy Adam

Dreamweaver Stencils Blog

Lyn Bernatovich

Cindy Groh

Gill Wilson

Alison Heikkila (That's me!)

Comments

Kim said…
Your card is so rad. I love it!!! Awesome work!
D.Ann C said…
At first glance I thought the background was VELVET! I think I need to put that houndstooth stencil on my wishlist! : )
Adding both of these stencils to my must have list! I LOVE the Happy Holidays one so much!
Your card is awesome and very festive! TFS!
Lyn Bernatovich said…
Wow, great card with a modern feel to it and the colors are wonderful!
CraftyJo said…
Great non-traditional colours which work beautifully together. It's never too early to start on your Christmas Cards ;)
Viki Banaszak said…
I love the colors on your card and all the different ways you got your texture going! It doesn't say which holiday so I think it is perfect for any holiday ;)
Kim x said…
Fabulous card Alison, I love it. xx
Judy said…
Nice card with unusual colors. I love the embossing and the stencil you used. Thanks for sharing.
Stampendous said…
Wow! This is completely gorgeous! I love that big bow and houndstooth texture. Beautiful card, thank you for sharing your talent in the hop this week!
Mary Holshouser said…
the big bow is beautiful. Love the core'dinations paper. They make it so easy to distress whatever is needed.
Great project. Thanks for sharing.
LaChelle Unger said…
Beautiful rich color and I love the embossing!
Cindy Groh said…
Beautiful Christmas card.
Carol w said…
Never to early to make holiday cards...love your color choice!
Jean said…
Such a rich color! Loving the sparkle!
Amy M said…
Beautiful, colors and texture just pop. Thanks for sharing
Katia said…
beautiful and awesome card!
Amy Martin said…
Wonderful card. The textures are great. Love your details especially the ripped paper. Thanks fir the inspiration.
rose s. said…
luv the houndstooth background and that ribbon is to die for!! great card
Unknown said…
So bold with that bow, love it!
Anonymous said…
Love your bright pink background, beautiful
Janis said…
Oh, my....this is so rich and elegant that it belongs in a museum. The jewel tones are lovely and that bow is beyond wonderful!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Sue D said…
Very pretty color combo and I like the embossing.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful!! I need to get that background houndtooth stencil!! :)
cghundley said…
Such a pretty card!
Love the shiny paper
and lovely ribbon.
Carla from Utah
Karen P said…
I thought the background paper/card was bought at first! The textures and colours on this are fabulous and such a lovely change from normal Christmas cards.
Thank you for the blog hop and awesome inspirations Karen
Craftyfield said…
Great card! Embossing and sanding Core'dination is a favourite technique of mine or was... must pull out my supplies again!
Karen Denson said…
I love your card. The colors and the texture are fantastic. I also love how you put the embossing powder around the outside edge of the card.
scrappykate said…
Wow! What a joyful, glittery card.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...