Skip to main content

Day 4 of 12 Days of Creepmas: With Dilly Beans

Greetings! Welcome to Day 4 of the Smeared & Smudged 12 Days of Creepmas. Yesterday, I should have posted a project for Dilly Beans, but I am so behind schedule, that I couldn't until today. But, it works out as I can use my project for Creepmas! This week's challenge over at Dilly Beans is "Non-Traditional Christmas Colors." Check out my tag.

I used Mimi's Candy Cane for my tag. As you can see....there's no red or green in sight. My tree used to be these colors....plus hot pink and lime green. We've changed it up a bit over the years though.

I colored Mimi with my Spectrum Noir markers. My snowflake is a border punch from Martha Stewart. I used some Stickles to glitter them up. The sentiment is from Bombshell Stamps' Holiday Accessory set.

Thank you so much for all of the input for my wreath card. I loved Steph's idea to use the skull as holly. Maureen, the spider web punch is from Martha Stewart. She really has some of the best punches.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the Jolly Bloggers, all listed in my sidebar. Also,, please be sure to stop by the Dilly Beans challenge blog to see what the rest of my teamies came up with yesterday. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Comments

DonnaMundinger said…
Too cute! I seriously thought of holding back my DB DT card for Creepmas as well. LOL Love how you've converted her to the dark side. Fab black snowflake! xxD
I love your tag, great image and non traditional Christmas colours.
Anonymous said…
I adore this color combo! Love everything about it!
Wiola said…
Pretty tag with gorgeous colours. That snowflake is a great detail with the Stickles on it.
ionabunny said…
Gorgeous tag. Love the colours
Wendy said…
Very cute tag Alison. Love how you colored the Dilly Bean stamp. Mimi looks fabulous!
Emily Thubbron said…
Love the colors of this tag. They work so well together. Great image too.
Crafting Vicky said…
This is fabulous!!! Adore this tag and all the colors!
maureenjscott said…
Fabulous Dilly Beans tag Alison! love the colours!! I'm working on my entry for the challenge later today! thanks for the info re the Martha Stewart punch - I will be looking out for that! I did have a web border die but my cuttlebug didn't like it, i think a punch would be better! thanks for the info! mo xxx
Steph said…
Fun tag, love the non-traditional colors. Fab coloring and I love the snowflake too.
Unknown said…
I love this little image, Alison! Super awesome tag.

xo
Rocio

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...